+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Stuck button renders phone unusable

Recently one of the buttons on my i300 has become stuck and I haven't been able to unstick it. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and/or has ideas for solving.

The button in question is the side button that turns down the ringer or the talk volume. The button doesn't feel stuck. It still depresses when I push it, but it acts as if it is continually pressed. I had noticed earlier that my ringer would be turned down lower than usual, but i thought perhaps I had bumped it at some point.

I have read the elsewhere on this forum about how to open the case, but I wanted to see if there were any other ideas before I tried that. I have already done a hard reset, but that had no effect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a similar problem - When I press the green talk button nothing happens. After four or five tries, it finally goes to the phone. I'd like some advice on this.

Definitely the kind of thing where you need to open the case - be warned if you damage it then the manufacturer will not take responsibility - best to take it back to where you bought it and insist that they repair or replace it.