+ Reply to Thread

Angry problem with i300

I bought the samsung pda i300 on ebay and couple months ago and now the stylus does not trigger the selections on the screen.
    It does not work when touching the screen. I must reset then make my choices using the buttons on the bottom or change my info in my computer first then hot sync to my pda. Help please. Thank you!!! Kim

<insert witty saying here> g4lt's Avatar
    hard-reset. press power while resetting via the pin, then up-arrow to confirm. you'll lose everythihng saved, but you'll reset everyting as well...
    WW-era Sprint: what do you MEAN I'm out of minutes, I've only talked for ten minutes this month! vision-era Sprint: what do you MEAN I didn't answer, I've been on my PDA all day!

I have an issue with an old samsung i300. I would like to know if the old number on the phone can be easily changed and if the service must be altered to some other provider other than Sprint. Though I have seen areas where the phone could be converted Sprint has stated that it is not possible. Please provide some insght to this difficulty. Thank you

K7AAY Treo 650/Cing & Nokia9300/TMo johnbartley's Avatar

Cellular Economics 101

Originally posted by PLAYER2099 I have an issue with an old samsung i300. I would like to know if the old number on the phone can be easily changed
    That's up to the cellular carrier you use. They have to change the number for you.
    and if the service must be altered to some other provider other than Sprint.
    It does not have to be, not to change a number.
    Though I have seen areas where the phone could be converted Sprint has stated that it is not possible.
    Of course, Sprint will tell you that. There's no incentive for them to spend the training time & money to explain to their service reps how to let customers leave their system.

I have seen posts (which seem technically correct) from folks who have done that, but if you ever have a technical problem, the other cellular company will give you the Mechanic's Shrug and tell you they don't know a thing about the -i300.
    Please provide some insght to this difficulty. Thank you
    Cellular carriers have found that having customers leave them for another cellular company (called 'churn') is bad, and the churn rate, when high, depresses stock value. Shareholders fire managers who let bad things happen to the stock value. Therefore, 'due diligence' in cellular is now defined to include things like keeping people from moving to other carriers.

If they could nail your shoes to the floor, they would. Instead, they sweeten their deal with you by offering you a discount price, subsidizing the cost of the phone, and then require you to pay a penalty if you leave before your contract ends.

Now, if a carrier cuts a deal with an electronics manufacturer to make a phone just for them, then when you buy that phone, you ain't leaving that carrier, until the phone breaks.

If you want to keep using the -i300, stay with Sprint. If, however, you want to be able to move from one carrier to another when the rates change, then get an unlocked GSM Treo 650, directly from Palm. Yes, it is more spendy. TANSTAAFL.
    John Bartley K7AAY | http://celdata.cjb.net | http://kiloseven.blogspot.com

Thanks John

Again,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to keep the phone (I300) However I would not want to stay with Sprint. Currently I have a new cell phone that works fine and I would love to be able to use the Palm phone as a backup or for less frequent use. If there was a way to unlock the phone and convert it to a different provider that would be the move I would certainly make. Let me know if there are any other options that I have. Thanks again.