+ Reply to Thread

Amputate the Flip Lid on the Samsung Case?

Among its many design flaws, the springy nuisance flip lid on the Samsung case finally got on my nerves, so I nuked it. Presto - it's a slip-case, and is it ever easier to get to the phone when you need to take a call, especially on the road.

Come to think of it, just what did the original flap do anyway except get in the way and add bulk? The I-300's just as secure too, so long as you walk right-side-up. Fair to say it voids the warranty though.

Any takers?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

any pictures?

Well, with my Sanyo case, it frequently gets itself in a sideways-ish orientation, since it can swivel on the clip. Perhaps you should be concerned about it slipping out.

I tested it upside down. The case is snug enough so the phone doesn't slip out unless it's carried that way for a while or you're jumping, exercising, etc. You just need to be a little careful. The great plus for me is no fumbling with a flap when I need to use the phone, especially while driving. If it's in a pocket or purse, all the better.

There's a picture of the stock Samsung case in Mikol's recent posting. Imagine it without the flap.

BTW, the cut flap edge is actually white, so I colored it with a black felt pen - actually looks half-professional now.

Administrator

Arrow

i would be concerned about the tight fit getting loose over time..

Sounds possible, but it'd have to relax considerably. Anyway, by then I hope to see substantial improvements - like a flip-cover for in-case keyboard access, base-port cut-out, more secure belt clip, and so on.