+ Reply to Thread
    i300 Member
    i've read over a few posts here about adding protectants (rain-X, etc...) to the screen of the i300. however, i was just wondering what the best/safe solution is for fixing scratches?
    Last edited by dre2camp; 04-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.

I too have been looking for someone who has done this, as I have a scratch I would like to buff out if possible.

I just bought the floating point stylus and receivfed it today. You can swap out the top part with the i300 top so it fits into the i300. Check it out at: www.landware.com/floatingpoint

Craig

I haven't buffed any out, but if you buy a screen protector, it may smooth out any bumps - it's a plastic film that sticks to the entire screen surface. Lots are available - I have a Fellowes brand for PalmV that I trimmed to fit. Fellowes has a texture to the surface that purports to feel more like paper.

These things are pretty popular, so you can get them at CompUSA/ etc.

Administrator

Arrow

here is a quote from someone at another hangout i frequent:

In one of the other Palm-related forums, somebody was saying that they found a product called "Displex" which is a display polish that was developed for cell phone screens. I think it's originally manufactured by a German company.
    The only North American distributor I've been able to find online is Buca (www.ebuca.com), and they sell it for about $7 US.

I've been hearing some rave reviews about it in some of the other Palm forums, so I decided to order a tube and give it a shot, since I now have a couple of annoying scratches in my graffiti area.

i'm always sticking my stylus in my ear, that seems to work well on the screen protector wax slides great and is renewable and earth friendly...

mk

I got one of the Fellows protective screens for the Ipaq and trimmed to fit. They sell for about $19/doz.

Back before, I used to put Scotch tape across the bottom (over the Grafitti part) and it was a great protector,,, and cheap
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

OUCH!!!